Litter of Kits today ! - advice needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat70

Reaction score
Hi,

My boy bun was neutered over 3 weeks ago . Anyway i thought my Doe was a bit porkie and today there is a litter .

I dont want to disturb the nest but there is babies inside.Im always scared they will eat them but i need to check the nest.

My boy bunny is in his own hutch as you have to keep them apart for 6 weeks. (but the kids did let them out together hence the litter.)

Anyway its been a long time since any of my bunns had kits so any advice regarding newborns appreciate.

Im debating wheteher to put the Doe in the house whilst i check the nest ? and put a bit more hay in for her ?as i need to check for any dead kits.

Also she is use to having a run round the garden , when do i let her out to stretch her legs etc.
:shock:

She will feed her litter in the morning and in the evening, so you can let her run in the afternoon or around "our" dinner time. As far as looking for dead kits, just give her a favorite treat and remove the nestbox from the cage. She should be content with you doing this since she is not a "new" bunny to you. She trusts you.

You can touch the babies and move them around so as to make sure there are no dead ones underneath. Good luck with you new critters! Pics are cool too!

Also, I am going to move this thread to the rabbitry so our other experienced members can help you too.

Sharon

HI,

Thanks i have no nest box.She has made a nest in the hutch.I took her out and checked the litter there are 10 in all 5 Blue ( as in fur colour) 5 pink .They all seem healthy and plump. They are soo wriggly!I dont want to let her out today she must have had them through the night and built the nest at the same time also.

I put her in the house whilst i checked the litter and gave her a treat afterwards.I found some in the corner of the hutch and some over the otherside so i have put them all together .

You can see the little pink ones which i presume will be REW and the grey ones are because the Doe is Blue.

th_mollynest011.jpg
[/url][/img]

very cute! it looks like you will have 5 light ones (they could be a frostie color, REW, even fawn/orange, or many other light colors) and 5 blacks (the top dark one looks to dark for a blue, but rather black. . .) you will be able to tell color in just a few days really!

katie

Hi,

I cant wait.Their dad is REW, his dad Agouti not sure about his mam but all the litter apart from him were BEW.

The mam is Blue her mam Blue her dada Agouti.

Im waiting to see what colours they are.Im curious to see if any are Blue eyed.

Latest posts

Back