Litter for Litter boxes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluepez

Reaction score
My rabbits are all in nicely built hutches by my husband outside and the small rabbits have their corner they pee and poo in.

For my English Lops. Unfortunatly I didnt think ahead and now as 2 are adults..their poos are too big to fit thru the wire we used for the bottom..SO I have boxes in the corners they use.

BUT for right now ( just moved the lops in new hutch...) i have PINE as use for their litter.

IS there something else you would suggest? I am seeing if there is something I could use like shredded newspaper or something that would not stain their feet that yellow color from the pine.

thanks

Wood pellet horse stall bedding is wonderful. Farm and feed stores should carry it. It is about $6-7 for a 40 pound bag here, but it might be different for you.

You can put a grate over the litter so they are not sitting in it. If you have extra wire, that would work. Stitching grids (for craft stores) will also work, but are not good for chewers.

Back