Litter for bedding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovableLops

Reaction score
So instead of bedding like aspen shavings i was thinking about using a pelet type litter. Yesterdays news is WAY to expensive so could i use the pine pellets they sell at farm stores? would that be ok? its a lot cheaper too and wouldnt create a mess like shaving which is EVERYWHERE!

but without litter they go all over the cage and lay in the pee and poo :yuck Ewwww.

What bout them getting dirty? does it always work? the litter training?

What kind of a cage/pen do they have?

I have a box of pine pellets for litter and a box of hay, they poop and pee in both, but not so much on the floors -- which are corroplast, linoleum or vinyl.

With the messy guys, I just use newspaper and toss it if it gets bad.

sas :bunnydance:

I agree, keep working on the litter training and ditch the bedding. Is your bun neutered yet? If not it should be a lot easier once he is. Cover the plastic floor with something slightly absorbent like cardboard, newspaper, towel, rug, etc. Just throw away or wash when it gets dirty. I use Feline Pine pelleted litter in the litterboxes and put hay in a corner of the box to encourage them to use it.

Back