Litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybunny.

Reaction score
My rabbit is litter trained and at first he never pooped outside the box but he soon started to poop little around his box but mostly in it. Does anyone know why or how to stop it?

Is your bunny neutered?

Even though neutered you will clean a bit of droppings spread here and there in the house. It’s a routine for me to clean up after my bucks every morning in the kitchen. I always find a trail of droppings leading to the hide house and on the roof one of my bunnies always love to leave a hearty present. I think he do it to mess with the other bunny, because that’s my other bunny sleeping place 🙄

Otherwise I will find droppings up on my bed and among the shoes. I always know which bunny have pooped, because they have their spots where they leave 1 to 10 droppings. For example one bunny love to binky on my bed it will always end up with droppings being scattered while the other love sleeping near the shoes and leave droppings at that spot.

What we say litter trained is when they always urinate in the litter box, droppings will never truly be 100% in the litter box. Specially when the bunny isn’t neutered or spayed.

Is your bunny neutered?

Even though neutered you will clean a bit of droppings spread here and there in the house. It’s a routine for me to clean up after my bucks every morning in the kitchen. I always find a trail of droppings leading to the hide house and on the roof one of my bunnies always love to leave a hearty present. I think he do it to mess with the other bunny, because that’s my other bunny sleeping place 🙄

Otherwise I will find droppings up on my bed and among the shoes. I always know which bunny have pooped, because they have their spots where they leave 1 to 10 droppings. For example one bunny love to binky on my bed it will always end up with droppings being scattered while the other love sleeping near the shoes and leave droppings at that spot.

What we say litter trained is when they always urinate in the litter box, droppings will never truly be 100% in the litter box. Specially when the bunny isn’t neutered or spayed.
Oh ok and yes he’s neutered

Possibly a UTI (hopefully not) If your bunny starts dribbling pee that might be the cause
I hope not but I don’t think so because I did some research on it and he pees normally and it’s a light yellow color and really doesn’t have any other signs

My rabbit is litter trained and at first he never pooped outside the box but he soon started to poop little around his box but mostly in it. Does anyone know why or how to stop it?
How old is he and how long ago neutered?

Are there any other pets around or maybe some recent changes in your household?

What litter you use in litterbox? What is your setup, what is his flooring, where is he housed or is he free roam?

Pictures would be good here

How old is he and how long ago neutered?

Are there any other pets around or maybe some recent changes in your household?

What litter you use in litterbox? What is your setup, what is his flooring, where is he housed or is he free roam?

Pictures would be good here
He is 3 and a half I have no idea when he was neutered because I adopted him from the animal shelter and they found him in the streets so I don’t know if they neutered him or he was neutered before then
I’m visiting my other grandparents for the summer but he was doing it at my house too and he went from a outside to inside because the grandma I live with made me keep he outside Intill I convinced to let me free roam him in my room
I use critter fresh but at my house my grandma got me some fresh news that her friend gave her
here there is carpet but I covered it with blankets because he tried to eat the carpet at my house there’s tile with some mats
He is free roams my room
And I don’t have pictures of my house right now

He is 3 and a half I have no idea when he was neutered because I adopted him from the animal shelter and they found him in the streets so I don’t know if they neutered him or he was neutered before then
I’m visiting my other grandparents for the summer but he was doing it at my house too and he went from a outside to inside because the grandma I live with made me keep he outside Intill I convinced to let me free roam him in my room
I use critter fresh but at my house my grandma got me some fresh news that her friend gave her
here there is carpet but I covered it with blankets because he tried to eat the carpet at my house there’s tile with some mats
He is free roams my room
And I don’t have pictures of my house right now
Oh and here my grandma has 2 cats at my house we have to dogs but they never see one another

It might be that the buns smell the cats and feel the need to reinforce their territory. One time with Musti our cousin came with his cat and Musti didn't react much to him but when the cat left we could sweep the whole rug full of poops...

It might be that the buns smell the cats and feel the need to reinforce their territory. One time with Musti our cousin came with his cat and Musti didn't react much to him but when the cat left we could sweep the whole rug full of poops...
Oh okay

Your profile pic bun is so adorable! Looks a bit like my new bun! If you don't mind, i'd love to learn a little more about your bun!

Your profile pic bun is so adorable! Looks a bit like my new bun! If you don't mind, i'd love to learn a little more about your bun!
Thx. I don’t mind at all, feel free to ask anything I’ll try my best to answer.

Back