Litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stang-girl13

Reaction score
My bunny roo is litter box trained but I cleaned it out gave her new litter and she now ploops herself in her litterbox and sprawls out an takes naps !! This normal ? Shes sleeping in her potty bucket ick

My buns do not lay in their litter boxes but I have heard of many on here that do. It does look soft and comfy and of course she does not see her potty box the same way that we do.

She's a very cute bunny, btw!

Thank you I think I need use different litter ...I also think it looks to soft an fluffy id take a nap two in it lol

And thank you

I'm more than happy to answer any questions that I can. I am happy to see rabbit owners wanting to learn what is best for their buns. In my litter boxes I use a thin layer of horse stall pellets I purchase at Tractor Supply. It costs $5 for a 40 pond bag. I then place on top of this a thin layer of kiln dried pine shavings. This is also inexpensive and a very large package. It helps to give some cushioning for the buns feet and urine seems to go right through it so they are not sitting on any wet.

Never use cedar. Pine is ok as long as it is kiln dried.

Houdini used to sleep in his litter tray, some buns just like to chill out there. I use wood pellets and have some hay in the box and a rack above it. The pellets are never wet so I don't worry about staining and I clean them out every couple of days.

Thank you guys ! I think im ganna get new litter ! Thanks for the info ideas

I flipped out too when my third bunny was napping in her litter box because my first two never did that. I gave her the lid of a paper box to use as a bed and she started spending more time in there. I use that same kind of litter that you do, but I don't want to change because I like it. If you do switch to wood pellets or something else, put a little layer of the litter she is used to on top for a week or so to help her transition to the new stuff.

Latest posts

Back