Litter Box Trouble

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ender

Reaction score
Ronin has always been great about peeing in his litter box but this week he has been peeing outside of it in his xpen at least once a day. I cleaned it but he still peed outside. Nothing has really changed besides the temperature... It has been warmer lately. Is there any reason for this or is there a way I can correct it? Thanks!

Is he neutered?

Here is my suggestion...

Clean up the pee with paper towel and put the paper towel in the litter box so the scent is there. Make sure the scent of the pee is GONE fully. Then for extra measures, get another litter box, keep the original where it usually is and put the new one where he is peeing in the xpen (make sure to scoop some pee/poop out of the original litter box and put it the extra one.)

And additionally to either of those, don't fully clean his litter box for a while so it gets stinky and whatnot.

Hope that helps!

He is four years old and neutered. I have soaked up his pee with a paper towel and cleaned up the spill. I put the towel in his box. Thanks!

No, he's the only pet in the room. He hasn't peed outside his box in the last day, so that's good. Thanks everyone!

Back