Litter box training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4cherries

Reaction score
Hey all! Hoping you can help. Lola has been using her corner litter pan with pellet litter until recently it seems she has claimed her litter tray as her bed? I noticed today when I was cleaning her cage that she pooped and peed in a different corner. I cleaned everything out and put some in the litter box & moved the litter tray to that corner. Checked on her tonight after work and she just started popping and peeing in the opposite corner. Any ideas? Maybe try a new rabbit bed/house? Right now she has a green plastic castle one that she usually flips over. Also her hay is above the litter tray. Thank you!

You can try putting in two litterboxes one at each corner. Corner litterboxes though tend to kind of cramped for all but the smallest rabbits - I suspect she may be going to the toilet outside it because she just wants more space to posture as she pees. My buns only used their corner litterbox till they were 4 months old, then it just wasn't long enough for them to posture properly. I now use a cat litter tray instead with good success, though even that I think is getting a bit too small now that they're full grown.

You can try putting in two litterboxes one at each corner. Corner litterboxes though tend to kind of cramped for all but the smallest rabbits - I suspect she may be going to the toilet outside it because she just wants more space to posture as she pees. My buns only used their corner litterbox till they were 4 months old, then it just wasn't long enough for them to posture properly. I now use a cat litter tray instead with good success, though even that I think is getting a bit too small now that they're full grown.

Thanks! I'll have to pick up a new litter box to try :)

Latest posts

Back