litter box training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonb1515

Reaction score
We got a holland lop bunny a week ago..She is 12 weeks old. We are tryining to litter box train her. I have been picking up the area she urinates and putting it in the litter box. She still goes in different spots and in the litter box. She does not use the litter box for pellets at all...They are all over the cage. Also when we let her out there are pellets everywhere! She seems to drop one at a time all over..Is this normal? Any suggestions would be appreciated :):)

honestly, you may have to wait until after she's spayed to have much luck... mine were *really* great about only peeing in their cage (if not in the box) for about a month, but starting around 12 weeks, my holland lop started peeing on the tarp in their run about once a day and still does so at 15 weeks. the vet says it's most likely the start of hormones kicking in. both she and my lionhead (one week younger) poop EVERYWHERE.

they do poop in their litter boxes a lot also, but that's because I have it set up to where they have to sit in the box to munch on hay.

Latest posts

Back