Litter box question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flirtycuddle

Reaction score
When we got Ziggy we were mistaken and ordered a small litter box with a grate instead of the larger one thinking the small one would do. It has for the most part except I am having to clean it 2x a day or he pees outside of it because it gets so full. So I found a bigger litter box, the one I first tried and he used as a bed but put a bakers rack in the thing this time so it would similar to the one I removed. He uses it to pee but is now pooping out of it more then before.

My question is could it be because the bars are to far apart on the rack and making him uncomfortable? If so would adding some chicken wire or the like help that?

I watched him in the new litter box and his feet do slip between the bars. I'll be going this afternoon to get the wire hopefully if it's not still storming that is.

Would I be better off putting his old box back for now or leaving it as is since he is peeing in the box till I get the wire?

Runestonez has a litter box and hay tray that you can DIY. I love the litterbox, unfortunately, the hay tray was being jumped into and under so I don't use it but any litter box can be made into one - with the lightgrid mentioned above (a gigantic panel for $10 at Home Depot) I made 3 grids with one panel

I went looking at the only hardware store in the area and didn't find anything so I had to put his old litter box back in because he was refusing to stand on it and eat hay at all. I did get a gravity bin feeder and alter it for his hay that is keeping the hay outta the box for the most part.

Im interested in getting a grid for my bun's litter box too....he keeps shredding up the news paper thats in it, lol.
What is the proper name for this type of grid? Lighting grid? Light grid? I cant seem to find it on Home Depot online. Id go into the store but its kind of far and Im going to be busy for the next week or two.

Latest posts

Back