Litter box issues

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessie-lynn

Reaction score
So about this time last year I was having issues litter training my adult buck (unaltered). We finally figure it out and it went well til about January. Since then he's been messing wherever he is but using the litterbox about 75% of the time.Now he's not using it at all. I switched littler (using a paper based now). Could that be why? How can I fix it?

If you didn't change over the litter gradually, it could be that. Can you show us a picture of his cage and litter box? That might help us solve the problem. Neutering him would help.

Is there a certain spot he goes more in? I had to move my litter box because my bunny picked a different area to use and that stopped it but being unaltered it could be territorial as well

It could be that you switched litter. To find out you could try using the old litter.

Neutering should help with litter issues. It could be surging hormones that cause him to lose his litter habits. I don't have this problem with my intact buck but then he's always been very good. I do have issues with my intact females at times. Typically it seems to coincide with a hormone surge and I would imagine it could be the same for a male.

Latest posts

Back