Litter Box Help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Bosley

Reaction score
I need help!

I currently have 2 rabbits, a 6 month old Female Lionhead named Chive and an 8 month old Female Himalayan named Rue. They are both currently unaltered.

Chive has always had FANTASTIC litter habits, up until I brought in Rue...now Chive kicks her litter everywhere in her cage :foreheadsmack:It makes a HUGE mess! They are in separate cages, about 2-3 feet away from one another. They also each get some out of cage time as well! Unfortunately Chive and now Rue, have had to be in their cages more as I am currently working 12 hr shifts for a few weeks...

Just need some suggestions on getting Chive back to using the litter properly! Any advice is great :clapping:

The only advice I can give is to use something for the litter box with higher sides as I have no idea how to stop a bun from kicking out litter. You could purchase a plastic storage box with higher sides and cut one side down low enough for Chive to get in and out. The higher sides will help keep the litter in when she kicks.

My old rabbit used to do this when I brought my friends rabbit over for the night. They couldn't see each other, but were in the same room and 20ft apart. Sounds like somebody is either really not happy about this new rabbit, or they want to see the new rabbit (good or bad). Can you move 1 of the cages to another room? And sounds like its best to be getting both of them spayed as well as Hormones are playing a huge part in this.

Thanks guys!

I am going to give it one more week and see what happens. Already they are being calmer towards one another when they are out of the cage! :) Still a bit territorial over their cages, but now they don't fight through the cages when one is out and the other isn't. Really hoping to get them both fixed soon!

Latest posts

Back