Litter Box Habbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luluznewz

Reaction score
Lulu is great about only urinating in her litterbox. In fact, from the first day I got her she never went anywhere else.

She also never leaves pellets outside of her cage, which is great. I think its pretty cute she will hop back into her cage and into her litterbox to go potty.

The thing is I've noticed she leaves poops around her cage. Not a whole lot (the litterbox has way way more) but some. Is this normal or "okay" for a litterbox trained rabbit? I'm not really sure how I would get her to stop anyway.

It doesnt really bother me because she is s good about only going in her cage and only peeing in the litterbox, but I thought would ask what you all expect from your litter box trained bunnies.

My bunnies leave the occasional poop around. Sometimes I think it's just to remind everyone that it's their territory! I think it's pretty normal for most bunnies.

My bunny poops more in his litter box than the cage but I always have to sweep up the cage floor. I'm not sure how acceptable that is... lol. and he leaves some pellets around the floor but not many. I'm just trying to wait it out. It seems like its getting better, thats why I've been ok with it. Does your bunny seem like its getting better? Or is this a sudden development? Your bun coulve hit puberty or could even be getting sick if its new and seems strange. My bun though is just a teenage boy so I expect him to be difficult lol

My bun does the same thing. Though I suspect that the poos get there when they stick to his feet as he jumps out of the litter box. They changing her box or covering everything up really well with hay or more litter, then noticing how many poos are out in the cage that day. I see a decline on box cleaning day and I think that's why.

Back