Liquid faeces

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NarniWonk

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice... I have an unneutered adult buck, who I just put back in his cage after his run outside. A few minutes after I returned him back to his run I noticed a few small puddles of dark brown liquid, the exact same consistancy as water, with a few normal sized poos among them. I know anything like this is usually a very bad sign for rabbits but he is perfectly happy as usual, he is eating well and seems totally unconcerned about this 'leakage'. I checked him down below as soon s saw this and there was no sign of any external damage or mess just a little drip of the brown water. Does anyone know what this could be? Thanks

Are you sure the brown liquid is pooh and not urine? It could be due to something he ate upsetting his digestion. If it is just a one time thing and he is acting fine, you probably have nothing to worry about. But if he has more diarrhea, there is mucous or blood, and/or his behavior or condition changes, then get him to a vet right away.

Thank you very much for the advice, it is not mucousy at all thankfully, I did not think about it being urine, I'll certainly keep a very close eye on him but when I went out there about an hour ago he seemed perfectly normal and there was no sign of any fresh stuff. Thanks again

Latest posts

Back