Lipstick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katrina

Reaction score
My rabbit ate some lipstick but has not acted weird at all. She's still being completely normal. I don't know if I should take her to the vet or just wait it out to see if she starts to act odd. Any ideas? Anyone know how bad lipstick is?? I don't think she got to much but I wouldn't think any bit would be good for her. Thanks.

How much did she eat? You could call your local vet and ask if they think its necessary to bring her in.

For now, I would just keep an eye on her.

Maybe give her some extra hay and a little bit of oats or something to make sure her GI tract is moving.

Just keep an eye out and make sure shes acting fine (eating/pooping etc).

-Haley

It should be nontoxic because it's used on the mouth, but check poison control helplines or call a vet just in case.

I agree with encouraging her to eat more hay, and also encourage her to drink more water too as it will help flush out any toxins.You could give her a bowl with a little unsweetened apple or carrot juice in it, or feed her a little canned pumpkin.

Thanks guys. She continues to be okay for now and I have to head to a class but my mom promises to keep an eye on Katrina. However, I was told that I should not be feeding her any veggies or fruits until she's been with me for at least a month and it hasn't been a month yet. Something about her age (I got her at a month and a half). So I will make sure she's eating and drinking (which she has been) and everything has been completely normal. I think it mostly got on her because she's all pink on the underside of her throat but has not thrown up or done anything out of the ordinary.

Latest posts

Back