Lionheads...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cindyrads wrote:
How is their temperament and personality in general? Are they hyper buns or laid back?
Yes (to both).

Compared to flemish - they're hyper.

Compared to hollands or nethies - they can be laid back.

I've had both laid back and hyper ones in my 3 years of breeding them - most of mine were laid back because of the way I raised them and handled them.

In my experience, they aren't bouncing off the cage hyper, but do run around quite a bit if given the chance. I wouldn't say they are really laid back as in they will just lay there and want to be pet, but it can depend on the individual.

They are very opinionated. If they don't like something they will let you know about it.

Thanks, I've been thinking about getting one but not sure. Actually the big issue is not so much the breed its whether or not to get a second rabbit.....

I have 5, they're really sweet natured and friendly :) They're pretty active and fun, but not too mad, they can be laid back too :)

I have two male and they are like my two kids - so different from each other...

One is super laid back and a big softee, always laying down for a pet, the other is hyper, high strung and when you try to pet him he puts his head down like I'm gonna smack him. They both have their very crazy moments - neither one will jump on me for pets either.

We have 2 Lionheads in our home right now, one is ours and one is our foster bunny! They are both laid back, sweet and love to be pet. Our Lionhead, Teddy loves running around the house, but calm and chills out when in his cage. Our foster bunny, Bentley is a bit shyer, but still enjoys being held.

Latest posts

Back