Lionheads

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel

Reaction score
So I'm pretty sure Bew is a lionhead... since she has a mane.

bew3.jpg

bew2.jpg

I think those show her mane the best. As soon as I can find my darn camera, I'm going to take more pictures.

Now I looked for info about lionheads and I couldn't find some of the stuff I was searching for because a lot of it was about the breed and stuff I didn't understand.

First off, I'm sure she's probably not a purebreed, which is totally ok since she's a spoiled pet bunny now anyway, but I'd love to know what else was in her.

I'm also worried about her weight. She's VERY fluffy, so I'm having trouble deciding if I should be worried or not. She'll be going to the vet soon to be weighed and everything, but considering that she might be a mix, can anyone give me any ideas on a decent weight, etc?

Also, the main thing I wanted that I couldn't find was anything about lionhead problems that I should worry about. Her legs seem low to the ground, which I don't know if that's normal for a lionhead or what, but I was wondering if that causes any problems. Also if they have anything from major teeth issues or anything. I don't know, just looking for information. I was on the lionhead site from the NAL Rabbit Club, but couldn't find anything on this.

She's VERY sweet natured, loves to groom and be groomed and is ok with being held. She's super curious and absolutely adorable. :biggrin2:

Here are a couple other pics to maybe help.

bew5.jpg

bew.jpg

The ideal weight for the lionhead is 3.5 pounds. I have some that stayed little and are around 2 - 2.5 pounds (usually my bucks) and I have some that have gone to 5 and 6 pounds (those are usually the older style lionhead does).

Your girl is pretty - she looks like she could be a mix. She doesn't look unhealthy to me.

Lionheads can have teeth issues but you would probably see them by opening her mouth (unless she had spurs or something).

Enjoy her - I hope she's fun!

Peg

Latest posts

Back