Lionhead's long hair pulled

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josefeen

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a problem with the lionhead I rescued, she is 7 months old and her long hair is almost gone due to fights with other rabbits. Will it grow back? I've got her month ago, she is usually scared and shy, she is eating well but I wonder if there is any extra nutrition or a way to help her grow back her long hair on top oh her head. I bought all kinds of hay so I give it to her, she was raised on some pellets as well so she eats them happily but she can't bite through grapes which is another question, I opened her mouth the top incisors are pretty short she couldn't bite through grape's skin I wonder if that's normal? She also don't want to eat carrots or cucumbers maybe one bite but she doesn't eat veggies really, sometimes she would eat kale or parsley. Thank for any help)

The fur should grow back eventually!

Link to fur loss website - Hair Loss in Rabbits - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost

As for the teeth, I'm not sure if it's normal, but I don't think so. A rabbit should be able to bite through a grape, carrot, or cucumber. However, the rabbit's top incisors are constantly growing, so that should resolve, and if it doesn't, I would recommend seeing an experienced rabbit vet.

Rabbit teeth link - Rabbit Teeth: Good, Bad And Ugly - Pet Central by Chewy

If you want your rabbit's hair and teeth to grow back faster, just keep providing a healthy diet full of hay, pellets, veggies, greens, and fruits, if you are able to due to her medical condition.

Hair and teeth are both something that can grow back in rabbits, so don't worry too much unless the condition worsens.

I'm not a vet, and I'm sure others will have great answers as well!

Best wishes ~
Remy

Hi, if you could post some pics of her it would be easier to see what you mean.
I have lionhead mixes and they had long hair around their necks when they were babies but most of them lost it at about 5-7 months. It can be due to grooming maybe your rabbit just doesn't like long hair and trimmed it. Or as you say other rabbits maybe groomed her too intensively, now you will see in a couple weeks fur will grow back and maybe her longish hair will grow back as well

Latest posts

Back