Lionhead/rex huge hairball

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloe-trash

Reaction score
Hey so I pulled a huge hairball out of Briar's mouth today after noticing some sticking out. I hadn't noticed anything off with him before I went to work so I guess he just had a big shed.

I got a *lot* of fur out so I don't think he managed to swallow much but I'm still worried it will cause issues for him so how long should I watch to see if he gets blocked up from eating the fur?

Are you sure Briar is a male? Because a rabbit with a big ball of hair in their mouth really screams phantom pregnancy... Rabbits can swallow fur while cleaning themselves and it's generally fine if the rabbit is well hydrated and eats a lot of hay but they generally don't end up holding hair the way you describe except to build a nest. Maybe Briar is just a very unusual rabbit ^^

I did notice Briar padding the little area around where they've been sleeping, and I guess I had just never questioned the petstore when they said that Briar was a male... but nope I just checked and you're right Briar is actually a ladybun! Thank you for the help Now I feel kind of bad for taking it from her haha

Latest posts

Back