Lionhead Land Lounge 2008

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
lol, the sub title of this blog made me laugh

It has been so long since I've updated my blog....there hasn't been much to say.

As many of you may know, I moved George into my room to be a "bedroom bunny". Alas - George is too smart for me - and I really didn't want to make his pen taller (I know - it was only 1 NIC panel high). Since it was mainly a 3 sided pen, he learned how to move it around a lot and make it any configuration HE wanted....and he was about to learn to jump out of it.

So I moved him into the rabbitry - he is in a NIC pen next to his sister Gracie (he has Cordelia on the other side of him) and he is happy. The pen isn't as large but he loves having Gracie and Cordelia to flirt with....so he's happy and I'm happy.

Here's a link to the thread about when he first moved into the bedroom:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=31602&forum_id=1

Currently Maachi (I think I spelled that right - its called Moat-cheese but with out the "t" in moat and the "se" in cheese) - is living in the bedroom. She's about to get into a new cage again. She got bred to Triad and I need to have her in a cage closer to me so I can pet her every day and have her get more used to having me handle her.

Some of you may remember her from when I said I ought to name her "beans and rice" because I'd have to eat beans & rice for a month to get her and another doe..here's a picture of her when she was young...

and another picture of her:

I'm hoping to get the closet in my office turned into two NIC cages/pens and keep Popcorn and Sport in them. Both of these girls don't get along well with others and need to be caged apart from others - my hope is to give them the closet and build shelves and stuff for them to jump on, etc. In Popcorn's case, I will have to be very careful since she can leap a 2 NIC panel high barrier without breaking a sweat. When she would get loose in the house, she would give Yofi a run for his money for "troublemaker".

Finally, I'm hoping to breed Milina (my holland lop) to Triad to get some broken lionhead lops. I have been asked about breeding some lops and Milina wanted NOTHING to do with Billy Sunday...who is her son and a lionhead lop. The funny thing is - I had two other lionhead lops from that litter who kept their mane and were adorable - Billy just...got bigger and didn't keep his mane. So I'm going to try again.....for those who may be wondering about "mixed breed" - there are folks who are deliberately trying to create a breed called "lionhead lops"....I don't know that ARBA would ever allow it. But I am going to give it a shot - I think. A lot of it will depend upon how Milina feels about Triad. She is still young enough that I can breed her for another litter or two before retiring her.

So that is what is happening here in lionhead land.

Peg

P.S. For those who read the thread about George becoming a bedroom bunny - today Harriet got moved into George's bigger cage in the garage. He's now one of the first rabbits I see when I go by the door and he is really happy - he likes the bigger cage. (I like the fact that he has it too).

Well, I have a story to tell about the BunFather....bless his ever-loving sneaky heart.

Tiny loves to chew on the carpet - which of course isn't good for him. So I've started spraying him w/ water from a water bottle that I bought at Walmart. He knows what the water bottle stands for and he will continue to chew on the carpet even while he's looking at the water bottle with my hand on it. (Once I spray the bottle - he will stop chewing).

So Art walked into the office today and pointed out something I'd missed....

....the water bottle was laying on the floor - empty. No - there wasn't a hole in it - but the topwas pulled off and the bottle was dumped over.

We're still not sure how Tiny (and/or Miss Bea) found out how to undo the top of the bottle and pull the cover off - and then dump the water (it would mean standing the bottle upside down).

Oh - and Tiny is refusing to make eye contact with me too......

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
Well, I have a story to tell about the BunFather....bless his ever-loving sneaky heart.

Tiny loves to chew on the carpet - which of course isn't good for him. So I've started spraying him w/ water from a water bottle that I bought at Walmart. He knows what the water bottle stands for and he will continue to chew on the carpet even while he's looking at the water bottle with my hand on it. (Once I spray the bottle - he will stop chewing).

So Art walked into the office today and pointed out something I'd missed....

....the water bottle was laying on the floor - empty. No - there wasn't a hole in it - but the topwas pulled off and the bottle was dumped over.

We're still not sure how Tiny (and/or Miss Bea) found out how to undo the top of the bottle and pull the cover off - and then dump the water (it would mean standing the bottle upside down).

Oh - and Tiny is refusing to make eye contact with me too......

Peg

LOL!!!! Conspirators...that's what they are. I tell ya Peg, you have to be careful; bunnies may look cute and cuddly and oh-so-innocent on the outside, but on the inside...those wheels are constantly spinning.

(One of these days there's going to be a bunny takeover of the world...just watch and see. :pAnd they'll be doing it one spray bottle at a time...)

:roflmao:

Well, I got Sir Tiny today....the little stinker.

I hadn't yet filled up the water bottle - but he started chewing on the carpet. He looked at me and chewed and looked at me.

He didn't realize I had a small amount of water in a cup beside me....

Funny thing about that buck...when he's wet...he feels more like giving me the butt than chewing on the carpet...

:biggrin2:

and now for some photos...

Saphira (or Sapphira...I need to check on how her name is spelled)

Maachi

Ditsy Mitzi & Faith

You know, bunnies never fail to amaze me. I'm sure they worked out how to get that bottle open.

I remember watching this science show and they put a bird in a room with a bottle that had food in it. They left some twigs and stuff out for the bird to use if he wanted. Sure enough the bird used a twig to put it in the bottle and get the food.

People don't give enough credit to animals. When you lock a stall and KNOW you locked it and tied the rope around it so the horse cannot get out........ and you walk into the barn the next day - greeted by A large, brown face nickering their hello to you..... and their friend is right beside them - you know that they've figured out knots and how to lift the chain and hook.....

Square knots are the only thing that works with our horses. Anything else and they're out.

It would be great to get it on film if you could tho!

I really do need to take pictures of more rabbits for y'all....but anyway.

One nice thing about being a breeder is that sometimes you get to see "your" rabbits again - on a show table - or people drop by to show them off. One young couple is pretty dear to my heart as they have stopped by before to show me their rabbit and ask for tips, etc.

Tonight they showed up again - only they had to ask me to take back the rabbit. The gal was in tears - he was most definitely their baby and he is in GORGEOUS shape. I told them I'd keep him for 6 months or so to see if things work out better for them...here is what happened.

As we all know - rabbits need neutering - and this buck was having his own "pee parties" as the girl put it. This young couple live with the guy's mom....and mom bought brand new WHITE comforters. You can see it coming - right? Mostly free roaming rabbit....with hormones....brand new comforters.

Mom said, "That is it - the rabbit has to go".

Here is the really sad part....the gal bought him from the old feed store - one of the employees there. Now I know what the feed store owner charged for my bunnies - but he was often not there because he was like 70 years old. So one of the employees there - sold this rabbit for - are you ready for this - $200. (The owner sold them for $10 - $15). The gal scrambled around to get the money to buy him and got money from friends and family as gifts so she could buy him.

I'm so angry I could strangle that employee. I'm sure he pocketed $180 or more of that money for himself....

Anyway - the rabbit is back with us and they know they can come and visit him on weekends. He is obviously in excellent condition and it is pretty obvious he was spoiled rotten. I'm really worried that he is going to go into a depression because I can't let him be free-roaming in this house....I'm going to try to come up with something slightly bigger for him....

Oh well - at least I'm happy he's healthy and seems to have been happy.

Peg

Ohh i really love that Tiny of yours....he's such a special little man and what character he has the cheeky little devil lol....i cannot believe what mischief these guys get up to sometimes.

And this is a pretty little girl...

Cheryl

I'm going to be crossposting this to both Tiny's blog and my lionhead blog...because some folks love to read about Tiny while others love to see pictures of lionheads.

For those who may not know - Tiny is my flemish giant heart bunny. He turned 3 years old in December. Miss Bea is his bondmate - a tort harlequin lionhead that turned 3 in August. I bought her for breeding purposes but she is now retired and I'm hoping to get her neutered later this year.

Today (Jan 28, 2008) they had a chance to play outside in the back yard....and I took some photos and videos...here are the photos - the videos will be uploaded in a bit.

First - my lovely lady...

She looks grumpy in some of the photos but she'd just gone outside and hadn't started her binkying yet.

Here she is - being shy and hiding behind a bush...

Now to help put that bush into perspective - here's the handsome lad next to it...

Speaking of my handsome buck.....here's some pictures of him...

I asked him to pose for Susan (Sooska) right before I took this one....

Of course - not everyone was thrilled to see the good time that Tiny and Miss Bea were having...

Natasha wasn't sure why Miss Bea should get to be Tiny's favorite doe....or go out on the grass

Theresa insisted the two really needed a chaperone to keep an eye on them....

Mitzi wanted the yard to herself

And even some of the younger does got jealous...

However, Miss Bea and Tiny managed to get in some snuggle time....even with everyone trying to watch them...

of course - that was AFTER Miss Bea went off to get some serious binkying in....

What is the difference between a flemish giant and a lionhead when they get playtime outside?

Side note: Tiny is being treated for a minor case of sore hocks...and he's in a molt...

ahhhh cool i love Tiny pics what a gorgeous boy he is Peg and him and Miss Bea really make anadorabe couple. Nice to see some of the girlies too i love the black one.

I just love Theresa - not sure if she is black otter or silver martin or what....but I adore her.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to breed her - but only for her personality because it is so special.

HOWEVER...she is too old for a first-time breeding - so I procrastinated too long and lost my chance with her. It hurts sometimes to know I let it go too long - I wasn't going to breed her because she is single mane and long in body - but her back mane (if you can see in one of the photos) is so nice and she keeps getting her mane back in with molts - which means she would have passed on the gene that means the mane would stick.

Still yet....must put her first. I do love her - she is one of my favorites.

Peg

TinysMom wrote:

Now, I don't really like kitties....but I sure do love Mitzi! She was a pretty special kittie who I couldn't not pet, lol.

She looks like she just HAD to be nosey and be in this picture, hehe.

OMG Peg, great pictures. Miss Bea is Beautiful and Tiny is one Handsome Dude. I want them both.

All your other Babies are really cute too.

And thank Tiny for posing so nice for the picture for me.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back