Lionhead Kit Question..?..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[align=left]Hey Everyone!
I got outmy 6 little DM Lionhead kits today to take a peek at them and checkcoloring development. They are 1wk today yay!!..Anyways, I noticed thatthey have like dandruff. just on the top of their heads. I see themscratch just their heads every once in a while. Could this be fromwhere the hair is coming in. This is what someone else had said thattheir babies sometimes do the same thing. But, I wasnt for sure. Ilooked on the net but, couldnt find anything on Baby rabbits doingthis?..
Should I be worried or what?....HELP!

Thanks!
Kelly
Riverfront Rabbitry!
http://lhrabbits.tripod.com
[/align]

Mine are two weeks old and they've had it too -but I notice it seems to be clearing up now that their fur is comingin.

What colors are your lionheads? Are they single-maned or double-maned?

We're having a blast with ours - we have 17 (one of which is reallyreally tiny)...I bet they'll be even more fun once they start gettingout of the nestbox!

Peg

Sometimes kits will get covered in urine and/ormilk while in the nestbox. This will dry on the skin and as the kitgrows it breaks up and can look like dandruff. As the kit begins togroom itself the dandruff will disappear. If not, it may be fur mites,which would require treatment of the whole litter and the dam toeradicate.

Thank you very much!!!!!..
So, I shouldnt be to worried. I was just scared of mites or somethingbut, someone else had told me the same thing you did. So, I will justkeep an eye on them.
I have all DM's. We are having trouble figuring out colors.
I bred my DM Chesnut Agouti X My DM Squirrel Buck.

So, what a weird breeding. But, I know for certain we have 3 Chesnuts,and then 2 ??Black Otters??..we are very confused about these 2..andthen 1 Squirrel/Smoke Pearl/Smoke Pearl Marten or Chinchilla..So, I amjust waiting on Color Development..
Are you good with colors?..I need some help lol..

Wow!..17 I wish I lived near you.
What colors do you have?..and are yours a mix of SM & DM?

You can see my babies at http://lhrabbits.tripod.com

Thanks!
Kelly

That is what I amafraid of is, Fur Mites. I am going to keep an eye on them and if itdoesnt start to clear up then I will have to do something about it. Iwonder what you could use on buns this young.

I've used Ivermectin without a problem, even inweanling kits. I had LHs until recently, sold them off to make room formy Thriantas. I got my DMs from one of the certificate holders, TheresaMueller. I had Black, Chestnut, Chin and Squirrel in my litters.

dane_luver2407 wrote:
Thank you very much!!!!!..
So, I shouldnt be to worried. I was just scared of mites or somethingbut, someone else had told me the same thing you did. So, I will justkeep an eye on them.
I have all DM's. We are having trouble figuring out colors.
I bred my DM Chesnut Agouti X My DM Squirrel Buck.

So, what a weird breeding. But, I know for certain we have 3 Chesnuts,and then 2 ??Black Otters??..we are very confused about these 2..andthen 1 Squirrel/Smoke Pearl/Smoke Pearl Marten or Chinchilla..So, I amjust waiting on Color Development..
Are you good with colors?..I need some help lol..

Wow!..17 I wish I lived near you.
What colors do you have?..and are yours a mix of SM & DM?

You can see my babies at http://lhrabbits.tripod.com

Thanks!
Kelly
You can see mine under a thread called something like "17 Reasons Tiny wants to be bunnynapped"....

I don't have them here right now - I have sable points, black, orange,fawn (orange and fawn are sooty or something in their coloring though),torts, chestnut, what I thought was a lilac point but have been told itcan't be (no chocolate in the pedigrees), what I think might be afrosty pearl...and I forget what else.

Some are single-mane while others are doublemane.

Peg

Latest posts

Back