Lionhead Grooming

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mockingjay

Reaction score
So I'm new to all this rabbit stuff. How do you groom a Lionhead? I'm going rabbit-shopping later this week to prepare for my new bun and I need to know what kind of grooming tools I need. Could I use my spare dog brush? It has a pin brush on one side and a bristle brush on the other.

I *swear* by my furminator (doesn't matter if it's small animal, cat or dog as long as the comb part isn't more than around 2'' long)... they're ridiculously priced in pet stores, but can often be found on Amazon or eBay for $20-25.

If that's a bit out of your price range, any cat/dog brush will do as long as it does NOT have wire-tipped bristles - rabbits have more sensitive skin than cats and dogs and wire-tipped brushes can damage their skin. Wire bristles with rubber tips, however, are completely safe as long as there aren't missing tips.

This is about 7 minutes worth of brushing my lionhead with a furminator during a very light molt:

33f46fr.jpg

I honestly don't know, as I've never used a bristle brush like that on my bunnies. It would be safe, I just don't know how effective it would be. If you already have one, then there's certainly no harm in giving it a try before you consider buying another brush or comb just for the bunny :)

Latest posts

Back