Lion head's mane getting tangled

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ResQBunny

Sierra
Reaction score
I've had my rabbits Story for about two years now and never had any real issues with her mane getting this tangled (I brush her out every other day) she hates having her mane brushed especially if there are tangled. I have noticed the last few weeks though that her mane has more tangles than usual, I'm calling her vet tomorrow to set up an appointment to have her looked at (I haven't seen her scratching but that makes the most sense to me on how these tangles are forming so fast). My question is.... Should I cut her mane down... I have never cut her hair before (though I kept her babies manes short while I had them)
Edit
Forgot to mention she is a free roaming rabbit, about 4 years old and the tangles normally form in the same area

1418006026122.jpg

1418006160139.jpg

Does she drink from a bottle or bowl? Bowls will cause more matting, but I like the bowls because they drink more in one go. I would cut it down. She may not look the best, but I'm sure she's tired of the tangles being brushed out all the time.

She drinks from a bowl, I cut it down a bit but she won't let me trim anything around her cheeks (she is sensitive of her mouth area, she has no lower incissors so her upper ones have to be trimmed frequently. One of the reasons she's going to the vet tomorrow)

It very well could be considering she has no incisors. I understand all too well about the "around the mouth" thing. My angora will attack the brush or clippers or whatever I have around her face. It has to be done though, so I just kind of dodge and muddle my way through it LOL!

Haha well when she gets mad she charges and uses her front paws... I trimmed up around d her ears a bit and got some of her cheeks by giving her a treat and then rubbing her head while I did a few quick snips... Never Ely so nervous in my life!

Back