Lion Head doe Due ...How Soon????

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awe! She is pretty, it looks like her eyes are blue? Or maybe it's the lighting in the 3rd picture. Either way the babies and mom look healthy. Congrats!

04052011329.jpg

04052011325.jpg

04052011323.jpg

04052011322.jpg

04052011319.jpg

Here you go, any color guesses?

4kr wrote:
Awe! She is pretty, it looks like her eyes are blue? Or maybe it's the lighting in the 3rd picture. Either way the babies and mom look healthy. Congrats!
Thanks, she is cute, just not big enough for my operation. We raise meat rabbits. Her eyes are actually brown, it is the way the light is hitting them. These pics were taken on a day she was being antisocial just before her babies were born.

To me, the babies almost look like they're going to be harlequin. Any experienced breeders wanna offer their opinion? That's what they look like to me though with that black mottled through their fur. They're so cute!! And momma looks very healthy too!

It has been a while since I put up pics, they are 3 weeks old in this pic. One has a bad eye infection so I do not have his photo here. He is at the vet...infection does not want to respond to any of the drugs.
04242011346.jpg

04242011347.jpg

Parents were brother and sister and as far as I know they were full lionhead. As I said previously they came to me as a rescue. The brother had no fur left on him, his skin was dark so I think he had also been a black color. He was so bad he could no longer eat and anything we gave him just made him sicker. Fortunately we were able to save her and she was healthy enough in 2 weeks to have her kits.

The third baby with the eye problems has a coat with a bit of a wave to it on his head. I find that very unusual. Hoping to get that eye problem cleared up soon. Been going on since his eyes opened a week and a half ago.

If you look at the above pics you can see where momma was missing hair, her new hair came back in chocolate color...is this normal??
I have been told my 2 "orange" babies are chocolate torte?? Anyone care to comment....please?? They just do not look chocolate to me.

Latest posts

Back