Lint wrecking the place

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
Since her spay Lint has been indoors for most of the time. I was going to let her out in the garden today but she seemed somewhat quiet and kept retreating when I tried to pick her up.
She had the run of the living room for a good bit of the day but wasn't all that lively and I started to worry because she was in great form yesterday and even outside.
For the last hour or so she is acting like a mad bun getting up to all sorts of mischief scratching the corners of the carpet, trying to rip the curtains etc... We had to put her into the cage for a while. But in there she is digging like mad too. I half wished I had let her out today. She is normally not that bad but super destructive at the moment

Sabine wrote:
Since her spay Lint has been indoors for most of the time. I was going to let her out in the garden today but she seemed somewhat quiet and kept retreating when I tried to pick her up.
She had the run of the living room for a good bit of the day but wasn't all that lively and I started to worry because she was in great form yesterday and even outside.
For the last our or so she is acting like a mad bun getting up to all sorts of mischief scratching the corners of the carpet, trying to rip the curtains etc... We had to put her into the cage for a while. But in there she is digging like mad too. I half wished I had let her out today. She is normally not that bad but super destructive at the moment
Have you tried talking to the rabbit, or grooming it this is what I do. to calm my buns then I let them out for a run!

She won't sit still for me. I think she is bored and misses her companion

Yes, if she misses her friend she may be very upset. She may also feel "stir crazy" from her spay. She might also miss being outside. Is there any way you can get them to be near each other without having the opportunity to bite each other? That can help her heal better and be less upset.

I had them both indoors for the first two days but then I felt sorry for Asha missing out on the fine weather and also if Asha was running in the living room Lint had to be in and vice versa. I'll take her outside with the others (not in the same run of course) tomorrow. I thought she needed more rest today being so odd with me but now she seems to have surplus energy

I tufted her out today and I think the fresh air did her good. I guess also seeing the other rabbits...

I left Lint out into the big run and she was racing around in delight. Loads of binkies:) After a while I added Asha and things turned around for the first time after Lint's spay. She definately asserted herself and was putting asha back in her place. She kept chasing her but not to the point of actually fighting.
They have been in the run together for a few hours now and every so often Lint shows Asha who is boss. I am planning to take them both in tonight and watch them in the living room and hopefully they can spent the night together. But i keep my options open. So far so good:)

It looks like I spoke too soon Lint got more aggressive towards Asha once we brought them in although they were fine in the run (Asha even grooming and mounting Lint)
We brought Asha back outside into her hutch again and will put them back together again tomorrow. If all that fails it'll be the bathtub next.
I was also wondering if any mod could merge this thread with my "unbonding worry" thread as it is really the same topic and I shouldn't have started a new thread. Thanks, Sabine

Back