Link's first night home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So the last 18 hours of having Link home has been...interesting.

He's actually a really good bunny. We had an empty bedroom, so his cage is in there. He'll eventually have free roam of the room, but for now he's in his cage unless he's out for supervised play time.

The first couple of hours, he sat in his litter box in his cage doing nothing.

Then he ventured out and explored his cage. He didn't eat anything until late last night, but he did eat so I was really relieved!

Last night I discovered that my bunny does the "dead bunny" sleep. Always a good way to induce panic in a new bunny mama!

Then we just had some play time. He had a BLAST outside of the cage. He explored every square inch of his room. He doesn't mind being pet, but loathes being picked up (totally normal)! I even got a binkie from him this morning, and he sat grooming himself by me for several minutes! I think I'm an honorary bunny! :)

DSC03115.jpg

DSC03116.jpg

DSC03139.jpg

DSC03120.jpg

Not completely litter box trained yet. We're working on that ;)

He definitely uses his litter box the majority of the time, but he has had 2 pee accidents on the carpet, and 1 in his cage when I put a towel in it. It appears he only goes on soft surfaces, so I took the towel out and he hasn't had another accident as of yet.

Link is adorable:inlove:. Love his colouring.

Is he your first bunny?

If I were you I'd put something on the cage door just so he doesn't hurt his little feet geting in or out of the cage. I never thought of that when I was new Bunny Mommie 14 years ago.

Looking forwardto more pictures of Link.

Susan:)

Great idea about putting something on his door, Soooska. I didn't think of that!

Link is definitely settling in GREAT. Better than I hoped for actually. I let him out of his cage after work today and he ran around his room for the first fifteen minutes just doing binkies! It was a great sight! I wish I had my camera.

He's also really warmed up to me. He comes up to me on his own now and sniffs me and nudges me. No nips or anything! He's eating and drinking a LOT more now too. Overall, I think things are going to be amazing.

Back