Lilo's poor ear!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueicebird

Reaction score
Hey guys i'm back!

But I have a problem. After a weekend trip home, I left Lilo in the care of kelsey, along with his sister Stitch.

I came back to discover Lilos left ear is painful to him, so I lookedinside to find, down in the inner ear, seemed to be either, wax/blood/chaffing? It looks painful and either he scratched his ear to hard orit could be a infection, I am not sure. I will take photos later of it,but do you think I should take him to a vet? I am not in the money anddo not want to if it is not nessicarry...

Thanx guys!

OH poor Lilo. It sounds like an earinfection. I hate to say it but it sounds as though he needs to see thevet. I'm sure the others here will have more insight.

Good Luck. I hope he gets to feeling better.

Tina

Try some ear mite medication from the pet store(for cats or rabbits). Apply once a day. If you arenot seeing any changes within a week or the conditionbecomeschronic, I would have it looked at by the vet.

Pam

He is in a hut outside, along with his sister.

Her ears seem to be fine and clean, and Lilo has scratchedhis inner ear before, to where it bleeds, but only small scratches.

Ugg... I think i'm headed to the vet's tomarrow...

Well Lilo went to the Vets...

He has the ear mites... :p So nothing to bad.

Doc gave em a shot and he should get better in a few

He loved the car ride!! put his harness and leash on andtossed him in the front passanger seat and he sprawled out, enjoyingthe AC.. what a brat... :)

Hah, Corky loves the car...he'll even sit andclean himself during the rides!! TodayI got the "butt" mostof the way to the vet! LOL Glad to hear its nothing major!

XD The butt!! That is great!!

I wish I had my camera on me.. He just smacked his front claws on theseat belt buckle and streach as far as he could, closing his eyes.

I know they say that loud noises are bad for bunnies.. but he seemscalmer when I play my music louder. Must be he is use to it...

Ohh! and he weighs just short of 7 lbs... is that a good size for a 6 month old? ^.^ Hope so.. I call him my little fatty.

Latest posts

Back