Lila & Charlie's 5 week old kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLuvMyLilBuns

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

The kits are now 5 weeks old!! Soo exciting :) They are soo big now!! I weighed little Rue yesterday he weighs 1lb exactly. And his big brother (Nope not a girl) weighs 1lb 8oz! He is soo much bigger it's crazy! You can't really tell in the pics but he is pretty big. I think their mom Lila is a false dwarf and Charlie is a true dwarf so I'm guessing the larger kit is a false dwarf and the Rue is a true dwarf. Anybody agree?

If i'm correct, I'll be keeping Rue because he will probably be a better show bunny :)

This also brings back memories.. I got Lila when she was 5 weeks old and I can't believe I got her that young. I couldn't imagine weaning the kits at this age. What do you guys think? Maybe I should wean the larger kit now?Or should I wait till they are7-8 weeks.

The babies are getting soo big and they look just like their daddy, haha. I will be selling the larger kit and Iput an ad in the paper and I will be puttingflyers around town. I also put ads on the internet. It's not going to be easy to sell my bunny but hopefully I can find a good home for him. If anybody in my area (Minnesota) knows anyone who is interested please let me know! :)

Enjoy the pics!

Rue!!

036edit.jpg

037edit.jpg

038edit.jpg

He still has pointy ears

040edit.jpg

041edit.jpg

Pushed his ears down lol :)

043edit.jpg

044edit.jpg

046edit.jpg

048edit.jpg

049edit.jpg

Bigger kit!!

050edit.jpg

His ears have flopped :)

051edit.jpg

Big ears!

053edit.jpg

055edit.jpg

056edit.jpg

060edit.jpg

061edit.jpg

062edit.jpg

Twins :)

063edit.jpg

064edit.jpg

Big boy!

066edit.jpg

Rue posing :D

067edit.jpg

Rue

070edit.jpg

Big boy (ugh I need a name lol)

071edit.jpg

Airplane ears hehe :3

073edit.jpg

Look at the size difference!

074edit.jpg

078edit.jpg

081edit.jpg

082edit.jpg

091edit.jpg

093edit.jpg

I'll post a few pics tomorrow of Lila when i first got her, she was only 5 weeks :)

Also... I just found out a few days ago that the larger kit is a boy not a girl :l I was going to name him Melody but now he's aboy soo I need some name suggestions!

Anybody have a cute name to go with Rue?

:D

Aww! Love them both! I like the name Gale or Grayson for a boy. You're keeping Rue and selling the other boy, right? Do you already have a home for him? Also, will you be breeding again? I would loooove to see more Lila and Charlie babies!

Kat: Those are cute names :) I still haven't decided on a name :) Yep, I'm keeping Rue and selling the other boy. I put an ad in the newspaper, put flyers around town, put ads on the internet, and emailed some 4-H families so hopefully someone will be interested in my bunny :)

I might breed them again this spring but the only problem is, it's hard to find homes for them.. But I'm sure I will breed them again :) Holland babies are soo cute! :)

Adorable :) I love hollands!
I am bad at naming rabbits my 10 rabbits are all named after plants/flowers the new one is Penny Blossom.

Right now, I wish I lived in Minnesota... Rue's brother would be MINE!

SOO adorable!! I would love to have the little guy!! I cant wait to have kits again!! I am HOPING that mine are currently pregnant!! I have all my rabbits indoors now and currently have my older male with my females! :) So, hoping that they or atleast one of them is pregnant!! I have a waiting list for bunnies.

I will be taking my male away from my girls tonight and then checking to see if I can feel anything in a couple weeks.

I dont think that you will have a hard time at all finding a home for that little guy!

Back