Life of Lola

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TribalJMD

Reaction score
So Lola is my first jump into the bunny world; I've had many different animals before, but never a rabbit. It sparked my interest a few weeks ago, and I began researching it like crazy (I have a nack for research lol). Then I decided it was time to look for one. Ended up finding an ad on Craigslist posted by a Mini Lop breeder (who offered pedigrees, but she would be a pet for me, not competitor or breeding), and told me that her father has won many competitions for Mini Lops on the West Coast (not sure where else, never really followed comps.).

So I got her almost a week ago now, and am almost asking myself 'why haven't I had a rabbit before?' because she is a perfect addition to my home!

She has a very calm demeanor, and took to snuggling up with me the very first day I had her. She seems very happy in her new home, and even happier with her time outside, usually spending it cuddling up with me.

She is 9-10 weeks old now, and cant wait to experience her life with her :)

ciao3bvr.jpg

Lola just relaxing with me

nu1rwdcq.jpg

Lola grooming me after I pet her (was an interesting sensation, her licking my eyebrows lol)

gwbpc2bb.jpg

you lookin at me?

f7b78ogd.jpg

you cant see me, but I can see you!

She is definatly so cute!
I hope you start saving for a spay though..I notice its 50/50 if they keep that behavior when they mature. Thankfully my lionhead has (Still in the process of spaying her) but my other 2 females (No longer with me) didn't.

Lola looks like a sweet little girl :inlove:. Why did you name her Lola? Just watch out....lops are little terrors, at least in my experience :laughsmiley:.

Do you have any other pets or just little Lola?

i love Lola , she is too cute!!!!!!! Isnt it funny that when you got her you wondered why you never had a rabbit before, i have done the same thing after getting rabbits.

undergunfire wrote:
Lola looks like a sweet little girl :inlove:. Why did you name her Lola? Just watch out....lops are little terrors, at least in my experience :laughsmiley:.

Do you have any other pets or just little Lola?

Named her after Lola Rabbit, Bug's Bunny's female counterpart lol

At the moment I have a hamster named Orion, and a dog (pit mix) named Zee, I've always had at least one animal around throughout my life :)

Hamsters *slightly* freak me out, LOL. This is from the lady who owns/adores ratties (which most people are terrified of) :laughsmiley:.

I love Pitties! I wish I could "own" one one day, but my little Sammy (Doxie/Min Pin) isn't a fan of anything Pit or part :(. I think it all started when trying to intro him to my friend's Pittie....she wanted Ben to get along with other dogs, but since then Sam has held a grudge!

Anyway...pictures of Zee are a must!!!

undergunfire wrote:
Hamsters *slightly* freak me out, LOL. This is from the lady who owns/adores ratties (which most people are terrified of) :laughsmiley:.

I love Pitties! I wish I could "own" one one day, but my little Sammy (Doxie/Min Pin) isn't a fan of anything Pit or part :(. I think it all started when trying to intro him to my friend's Pittie....she wanted Ben to get along with other dogs, but since then Sam has held a grudge!

Anyway...pictures of Zee are a must!!!

I'll try and get some of Zee up here in a while, she's technically my brother's dog (whom I share a house with), so she spends most of her time in his room with him, and Lola and Orion in my room with me lol :)

Hamster's can be a bit to handle if they weren't handled from youth just like any other animal, just depends on how tey're brought up

lol, discovered today that Lola likes to chase around a shoe string, was dragging it in circles and whatnot with her on my bed and she went crazy over it. Got a shot of her reaching up for it:
lllrr1xi.jpg

:)

Also yet another cuddle shot, she seems to enjoy her time laying on me (she even spent 20 minutes licking my arm today lol)
bnap0mbf.jpg

Gosh darnit....Lola is so cute! I love baby lops because they remind me of little bulldogs with their "squished" faces. My Brody (Holland Lop) had the cutest bulldog face when he was a baby.

I'm jealous that you have green eyes and I don't! My mom has them...and I ended up with the brown eyes like my Dad :(.

ya lol their faces are really cute, especially when they are laying with their heads down and ears flopped down all squishy and whatnot :)

its funny, im the only one in my family with green eyes, there's two blue eyes and 3 brown eyes :p

Congrats on Lola, she is adorable. You must be a great bunny slave to receive so many kisses from Lola. I have a black lop also~ Shades, however she'll only give kisses after we negotiate on a snack. You can tell who's the boss in this house.

She is so cute. But I must warn you, it started with sock chasing and now my English Lop is super aggressive..I think is partly I taught him it was okay to bite at the sock!

She is so adorable!

Each rabbit is different, though. I have played "chase this" with my bunnies and they turned out fine (matured & got altered). Sometimes when they get frustrated I will shake baby keys in their face and they toss them around and it takes their anger out :p.

Lola's been doing great lately, fully litter trained; everyday feeling more and more bonded to me (any behavior that I read is good coming from rabbits in terms of how they are feeling she is doing, and I've noticed it progressing more and more). Everytime she lays with me she gives me kisses which is a great feeling considering I've only had her for a little over a week now. :)

Only picture for today is one where she was actually giving me kisses on my face, though the picture caught it right afterwards, but it a cute nose to nose shot :)
0cf6unk8.jpg
(lol and one of the few shots where my septum piercing shows

I jealous. You have such a cuddly bun! She is also adorable. Keep sharing the pictures!

Latest posts

Back