Life more interesting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Training him to do tricks is a great way to bond with him and give him something to do. www.clickerbunny.com will explain how to train with a clicker, but you can also train without one. Most bunnies are able to stand up and spin around pretty easily.

How about thinking of some ways that he can work for his food? Like get a few small flower pots, and put some treats underneath them, and he has to go around knocking them over to get the treats. My rabbit Leon loves that. :)

Or hanging food (e.g. a carrot) up high that he has to stretch up to eat it and it'll swing around.

Or hiding his treats in different places, maybe under his wood shavings/hay/blanket and he can sniff it out and find it.

Or let him sniff a treat and throw it and he might chase it like a dog? I dunno, I can't think of any other ways right now. :)

i get salt in those round cardboard canisters and when they are empty, i pull out the metal pour-spout, pour into the small hole a handful of pellets, set it down in front of the bun at mealtime, and watch him go crazy! he knocks it over, runs around and around spinning and pushing and kicking it to get the pellets to dribble out and has a frantically fun time!

Similar to Racheler's idea, I've put a few pieces of dried fruit in a toilet paper tube, folded the ends over, and given it to my bun. He has to figure out how to open the ends and throw it around to get the food. Though the first time I did it, I only closed off one end - he's not that bright and needed the open end to get the food out :p

I also found some little balls for cats that have a hole to put treats in. Haven't tried it yet though.

It amazing that some times the simple things they enjoy most. My buns have had fun with paper bags (NOT PLASTIC!!), grass mats, paper towel rolls, boxes, wicker baskets or wicker balls, and sometimes the carpet, but I do my best to discourage that last one.

Back