Licking?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two Flemmish babies are sisters and they commonly lick and groom each other. One of the two is very friendly and she will often hop up to me as I set at my computer and lick my ankle. Similar for my wife. It's not uncommon for them to be affectionate when they really want something sweet to eat...apple, ...banana. When we reach down to give them a pet on the forehead or neck, and they lick our fingers...it means they want a sweet treat to eat!

(After 11 years of house rabbit ownership, we know to not feed them too much sweet things to eat.)

There is nothing weird about it. Rabbits often groom each other, they particularly lick the fur of rabbits they consider to be above them in their warren. So, congratulations, you're a honorary rabbit and you're the boss too. XD And as to why your foot, some rabbits prefer to lick feet, faces (Aki licks me almost exclusively on the nose) or even clothes rather than hands (which is the first thing we tend to present to them) because those other 'parts' can't grab them and make them feel safer.

Latest posts

Back