Licking

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure if its normal but Buster started licking :pme feetlast night for the first time. I think I read some where on hearsomeone thought it might be licking for the salty taste. That madesense me.

Hi Carrots,

Actually, it's commonly known as as sign of deep love and affection.

Someone did mention the salt issue on your hand, but that seemsquestionable to me because my rabbit only kisses me, which is kind ofodd because he's does care about others butnever kissesme. And the times when he does that is in our quiettimes. The other thing I considered is if he was in search ofsalt, Iwould imagine his salt ring would be more of ahit.I could be wrong.

It's also a sign of grooming, which is, again a sign of caretaking and love.

-Carolyn

my bunny never licks any of us...:( she bites allthe time...no licking....but oh well. That's what dogs are for, they'remore loving, right? :) I'm gettin a big ol' Boxer pup :)

he loooooves you! :pbatmanlicks constantly...my face/hands/arms/feet/legs if im wearingshorts-but he also licks other peoples hands, so i dont feel sospecial. lol

Perhaps there is something to the salt in your skin!

I do think he's loving you up, though.

-Carolyn

hah Megan doesn't love me....how sad! :( j/k sheloves me in her own.. I'm gonna bite you kinda way...lol. :) Do youthink a Boxer pup and a rabbit can get along???

he better be! ;)hes kissingme right now, but i just ate a snickers so hes just being a piggy. wellnow hes licking my arms.my little casanova-i just realized that he onlylicks the females he meets. aww hes so cute! sorry, lol...hes cleaninghis face & ears & isnt it just the cutest thing ever??:p

I think its a sign of affection ;)your bunny loves you!

Oreo licks me too! Sometimes she licks the tip of my nose aww hehe herwhiskers tickle sooo much though! When I have her out to play,sometimes she'll start licking my arm or my pant leg & if I putmy head down she will come over and try to give me a new hairstyle :p

I wouldn't get too worried about it, enjoy the love from your lil furry one:D

~pam

Sounds sweet, Batbunny!

MyBunnyLovesMe,

Just a thought: Why not save your pennies for Megan'soperation before you get a dog and see how she is after that?

As to dogs and rabbits: it's a hit or miss type of thing.Some dogs do okay, some dog's tap into their natural instincts to goafter the rabbit.

-Carolyn

Well I might need a dog for my grooming course, sothat's what I was thinkin. I read some info about the Boxer and that ifintroduced at a young age, they get along really well with all sorts ofanimals and kids. They're very playful dogs, but will be boisterouswhen visitors knock on the door...so they're also I guess part guarddog.

LOL! Ithought it was because of salt too when Umbra first lickedme! =)

A lot of times when Umbra licks meis when I'm petting/rubbing him. Other times is when he knowshe's ticked me off, and wants to make sure we're still friends (atleast I think that's what it is...). That usually happenswhen I act realy angry, and yell or whatever, and then when I'm puttinghim back in his cage early (after chasing him), he licks my hands andstares up at me.

I swear there's nothing cuter thana bunny licking your nose. I swear.

--Melissa and Umbra

Hi, i'd like to say THANK YOU for all yourcomments. It's amazing that i have onlyhad my rabbit forabout a month and we are bonding so well.:D

As for rabbit & dog. I think your rabbit will get on with the dog, it's just a case of what the dog will put up with.:)

Back