Licking bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

memlili

Reaction score
Well, I think Baby Cuddles is settling in pretty nicely. She seems to like to sit on my lap to watch television and has begun stretching out, not only in her cage but when she's on my lap. Lately she has begun licking my hands and arms and occasionally niblling (I wouldn't call it a bite). Is this normal? Does it mean anything?

She's also making friends with my almost 20 pound Maine Coon cat. They sit on my lap at the same time. Cuddles has begun climbing over the top of the cat, and he is tolerating her quite well.

I hope to get some new pictures to share soon.

~ Mary Ellen

It means she loves you! She is grooming you which means she is happy and comfortable with you.

Oh and it is so cute that they sit on your lap together!!! I wish mine did that but my three aren't really lap bunnies.

Wow! You make me feel really good! I just assumed she was licking salt off my skin or something. The nibbles are part of the grooming too?

I do feel lucky that she likes to cuddle and watch TV with me. The breeder I got her from handles her rabbits a lot from the beginning because she wants them to be comfortable and cooperative on the show table. From the first day, I have held the baby at least twice a day ~ about 15 minutes or so when I get home from work, then for as much as an hour watching TV after dinner. She didn't struggle to get away when I started it, so I figured she wasn't too distressed by it. Seems to have worked.

I never thought of rabbits as indoor pets, and in truth could not have considered a large breed. I think this little lop is going to be a pretty perfect size.

Thanks for the encouraging notes about her licking behavior!

~ Mary Ellen

My rabbit is EXTREAMLY effectionit. I love it! She licks my face constantly. :pPlus she loves to snuggle! i snuggle wit her every day(I make sure i do).:group2: I learned when rabbits lick you it means that theylove you:hug: and want to keep you safe and clean. so they groom you.:biggrin2:I love Holly!!!!!!!:inlove:

[align=center]Madeline:bunnydance:[/align]

When we first got Zamboni (at approx. 6 weeks old) if I made kissing sounds he would come running and give kisses almost as bad as a puppy. lol Now he is in his teenage phase and doesn't want much to do with me other than to chase him around the apartment and feed him his favorite treat of radishes. He will from time to time jump up on the foot stool and chin my foot and sometimes stretch out and watch tv; other times he will sit/lay on the couch arm and hang out there with one of us or the cats.

I really miss his "come running for kiss' time!"lol

Yup, Cuddles is just loving you back.. Isn't that great!

I remember the first time Baxter! gave me lil bunny kisses - I was over joyed (jumped up and down).. He does it all the time if I lay down with him and cuddle.. It freaked me out at firstas I wasn't aware that bunsdo nothave "sand paper" tongues like my cats - so was pleasantly surprised..

You must post a photo of Cuddles!

Latest posts

Back