licking and scratching walls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alemargo

Reaction score
My bunny started to lick, scratch and eat peeling paint off the wall. He only goes to one corner. There is nothing different about the wall in that particular place. I do not have any other animals to attract him to that corner. He is litter trained and does not do anything else in there. He just scratches the wall, licks and chews the paint. How do I repel him? Is there anything I can spray on the wall? Any smell or perfume that is repelling to bunnies? Thanks for replies.

You could try rubbing a bar of ivory soap over the area. It seems to work well keeping buns from chewing things. Sometimes vinegar will work as well.

Can you block that corner? My rabbit was perfect in his litter habbits, but he had this one spot he loved to mark. I tried a lot of different things and nothing worked so I gates the small area. For two month I did it and then one day I decided to let him have the spot again, and boy did he have it. He would do flying poops while binkying and peeing all over it. Well I ended up gating the area again. The point of my story though is a rabbit sometimes develops a fascination for a spot and there is little that dissuades them from it.

Latest posts

Back