Lickaholic?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepnFluff

Reaction score
I have no issue with this, actually love it haha but I am curious....Fluffy seriously is addicted to licking, everything and everyone haha I timed him licking me today and it lasted 29minutes 34 seconds and he only stopped as I had to leave haha.

Anyway to the actual question Is this just his personality or could he be deficiant in some nutrients and is trying to lick it out of my skin?? He's been a licker the whole time I've had him but I have noticed it increasing recently and that he even licks the floor, which he never used to do.....

PepnFluff wrote:
Anyway to the actual question Is this just his personality or could he be deficiant in some nutrients and is trying to lick it out of my skin??
Probably nothing but it's a really easy test to do if you have a salt lick (not table salt because they will not go for that). Normally bunnies will ignore a salt lick (or at least mine always have). When Ronnie was on Baytril he started grooming me a lot and chewing everything. We found out that he went crazy for salt because the Baytril was so bitter tasting. We limited the time he could have it to about 10 - 15 mins a day because I'm not sure if that's good for them. After he was done with Baytril he started refusing the salt lick again.

Well, I have nothing helpful to say. I am just replying to express jealousy :biggrin2:

My Kirby... well, he doesn't ever lick anything but my finger and it's only because I swipe the bottom of his papaya tablet container for some yummy residue... :?

Back