Letting Bunnies stay overnight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADEE

Reaction score
What do you do without your rabbits!!!
Do you let them stay over night (or do you refuse to do those type of shows)
Do you do anything special for them? (supply food/hay/supplements/toys/exc)
Do you go and visit them everyday?
Please share some info and experience with showing you rabbits!!!

I have never done an overnight show, but you would have to provide feed, hay, water, etc, all the things you would at home. I think most shows will provide some sort of bedding for them. And you would have to go and take care of them everyday just like at home. Personally, I would stay in the building with them at any time it is open, just to make sure no one messes with them.

I have been to several overnight shows and the bunnies do fine. You have to take care of them as normal. Most overnight shows have coops provided or available for rent but If it's just overnight I prefer to keep mine in their carriers and I bring a bigger cage for them to take turns in. There is generally security in the building and they are locked up at night at a certain time so nobody is allowed in the building. I also zip tie my carriers so that no human or bunny can open the doors.

Roger

What do you do without your rabbits!!! It's not really that much different than having them out in your barn/outbuilding.
Do you let them stay over night (or do you refuse to do those type of shows) I do let my bunnies stay overnight at some shows (most day shows, you just bring them that day and leave, but there are some where you can come the day before and drop them off). I don't refuse these shows just because they have to stay overnight. My bunnies are used to it, since they stay at the fairs and all. But I wouldn't miss a show close to me just because they would have to stay overnight.
Do you do anything special for them? (supply food/hay/supplements/toys/exc) Just food and hay and water. If you haveto leave them in their carrying cages, the toys will just get in the way. They only need feed & water.
Do you go and visit them everyday? At fairs, we have to go and feed & water each day and then do whatever showing needs done, etc. As for overnight shows, it would probably just be like a 2-3 day thing, and there are shows probably every day, so yes, you would need to go everyday to take care of them, do the shows, etc.

Hope this helps!
Emily

I have also done "overnight" shows. I make sure the rabbits are well bedded and I bring my own food and water and dishes. I may also bring large pieces of cardboard to put between the coops, incase my does are next to a buck (no sense letting him spray her all night long! Really messes up a white coat!)

Feed and water every day, (I check water several times a day... sometimes they drink more). I may give extra oats mixed with their pellets, and bring treats like apples or carrots to keep them eating.

Depending on the show, I also zip tie my coops shut overnight. No sense risking a rabbit getting loose.

Latest posts

Back