Lets talk about OUTDOOR bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tterster

Reaction score
HI:) Our bunny is an outdoor bunny and I have somany concerns and so many questions. We got a bunny book but they don'ttalk about outdoor bunnies because they feel bunnies should be anindoor pet. We have kids with allergies and asthma so we have heroutside. Let's talk about outdoor bunnies.
T

Hi, I have both outdoor bunnies. They come insidethe garagewhen it's gets really cold though but go back outas soon as it turns fairly nice. Normally they only come in for a weekand some nights off and on. Everyone in my house except my brothersuffers from allergies so they have to stay outside.

If you have concerns I may be able to answer some.

DaisyNBuster wrote:
MBB could you answer the question about cold water bottles.I'm afraid I'm pretty stuck:(.

Vickie
What do you mean? What question?

LOL, did I miss something? :?

We have some outdoor bunnies,Ask a specificquestion i could go on all day but i dont have time.make sure the cageis well covered,use straw for bedding.bluebird

Thanks for all of your advice. I hope I didn't bother anyone. I am new with all this bunny stuff.

We ended up carrying the 200-300 lb. Bunny condo in the garage. It tookfour of us to do it. Three of us being females.OMG.My boyfriend is making a secondary home for the garage when it getscold outside. I was worried about her being out there. Her water isstill freezing in the garage but we did the ice chips so that shouldhelp some. They say summer is worse!!!!! AGH!!!! Did anyoneever put a bunny sweater on their bunny? Pet Smart said that might helpand then another pet store said she might chew on it.

How long would it take a bunny to chew her way out of a cardboard boxbeing 17-18 weeks old? I was too nervous to do that. Have a great dayand keep warm.

Never leave a bunny in a cardboard box. I'd estimate that if a bunny really wants out, it would take less than an hour to do it.

As for the sweater, I don't suggest that either. Most rabbits will chewit and the ingestion of fibers could create some major problems thatcan only be fixed with surgery. Surgery on rabbits is expensive.

Back