Lets see pictures of your bunnies litterboxes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamommaof2

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a new litter box for Teddy and I wanted to see what kind everyone else has. His poor little feet are turning yellow from when he goes in his litter box to go potty

gamommaof2 wrote:
I am thinking about getting a new litter box for Teddy and I wanted to see what kind everyone else has. His poor little feet are turning yellow from when he goes in his litter box to go potty
If you go on my blog I have quite a few video's of Baxter's pen and you can see his litter box (I usually put down a puppy wee=wee pad and then a bunch of hay on top and this seems to keep Baxter's feet dry..

Bo actually has the highback litterbox the square one. However, he has recently decided that the FRONT corner is a great place to pee........ and he "overshoots" the edge...... so I suggest a nice high sided box

I dont have any pictures of the litter boxes but one is the deepest kitty litter pan you can get, and the other is a kitty litter pan th at is more compact and it has a low front and the sides and back go up higher. But having all this when they get in and dig they still get it out ,lol

I got mine from Pet smart for $15. Obviously the only problem is if the poop isn't dinky it won't go through the holes.

23h0i7a.jpg

This is the kind of litter box Millie has:

Milliesleeplb.jpg

I like this kind as the lip around the edge stops her weeing over the side and staining the walls.:p She also has a bigger one, however I use her small one where the big one takes up a bit too much space.:)I think the key to avoiding yellow feet is using a good, absorbent litter and changing it often.

Also no pics, but I just use a clear plastic shoe box with one corner cut down for easier access. Obviously, the size should depend on your rabbit. They should be able to get in and turn around easily.

I just line the box with newspaper and shredded paper and change it twice a day at feeding time.

Here is Max's litterpan. Him and Dusty both have the same kind, they are actually dishpans I got from the dollar store. They are the same size as the small cat litter pan, and less than half the price. It needs cleaning, pardon the mess. :D

Max is going, "Um, why are you taking pics of my potty?"

008.jpg

27xr02a.jpg

Bebe is a funny rabbit. She prefers small tight litter boxes. She uses one dish for poops and the other dish for pee. :p

From your other thread, I leave the water dish by her litter dishes and keep the food and hay on the other side of the cage. I cut our hayto fit in a bowl so it doesn't get all over the place.

I use a highbacket plastic corner litter tray which seems to work fine.

I also use shoeboxes as temporary litter boxes if i need them around the house. I get an old shoebox, cut from one corner tot he other in a curve and then put the lid on the bottom to give extra protection to the floor and to also to make a 'lip' at the front to stop stuff falling out. These are really handy in situations where i need oen quickly (i.e in my room at the moment, because i don't have enough money to go buy another one yet :p). She has a proper one in her hutch.

misc011.jpg

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

my DIY set-up.. keeps little feetsies clean and dry :biggrin2: i don't use cages, so this is about all the setup i have for the bunnies, 1 big multi-purpose box each

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

I see where you used the water and food trays in the big tray. What do you use the smaller rectangular container for? I don't see it in the bin.

oh, the white container was used to hold their vegetables. When its dinner time, i remove the pellet-bowl and put in the white container & vege. But i'm not using it anymore, the buns get more vege than the container can hold :D

Latest posts

Back