Less 'destructible' toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

delusional

Reaction score
I've been giving Raspberry some extra toys to keep her occupied for the last couple of days since she's now split from Cordie, and I'm remebering why she never had that many toys in her cage.

She's destroyed everything I've given her in a matter of hours!

Grass mats, tunnels, hanging wooden toys. Everything just gets ripped to shreds! I can't give her fabric, and I'd rather not give her plastic or too much card/paper since she has a tendancy to eat most of what she rips up.

Does anyone know of any toys that will take her longer to destroy?

I'd stay away from plastic. Since she likes to destroy things, give her cheap things to destroy. Newspapers and old phone books are popular in my house. So are cardboard boxes. It can be a mess but at least she'll be kept busy for free.

Check out the small rodent toys for thick wooden balls, etc., meant for hamsters to sleep in or climb through. Some of these make great rabbit toys for chewing and throwing, especialy when stuffed with hay for added interest. Also check out the Super Pet Kabobs, which are hanging toys made from metal that you can refill with different types of small chew toys. They're harder to destroy and you can easily replace the chewed-up wood parts.

We have a tunnel for Muffin that is made of wooden dowels so that it's bendable. It's fruit and vegetable flavoured and he loves to gnaw on it, but it'll take him about a year to get through it!

The above suggestions are great.
Bird toys meant for large breeds can withstand a lot- parrots have very strong beaks! Flynn loves to chew and it takes him awhile to go through some of the bird toys meant for large parrots. They are usually strung up on a thick metal chain. One of my personal favorites (and Flynn approved) are the large-sized "Kladder" toys- it's a ladder of very thick wooden squares, sort of.
I would also suggest untreated wicker baskets and straw mats. These are great for chewing and safe.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

On the newspapers front - will it hurt her if she ingests a lot though? Because she really does swallow a lot of what she chews up.

Latest posts

Back