Lenka and Segal's kits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
After dealing with the loss of Remy this morning, I cleaned cages and fed/watered everyone.

Lenka's almost two week old kits were venturing out of the nestbox to find her - even with their eyes not open yet (10 days old)...they would stalk her, crawl under her and nurse... the sight of kits on their backs at the milk bar just cracks me up... I would then return them to the nestbox as some of our nights have been too cold for young kits.

With the cool, damp weather today, I thought I would check on them... all have broad heads and look like they might just have the heads and bone I was looking for. One is a light colored tort, one is a broken tort and the other is a dark tort.

The dark tort, while cupped in my hands, contemplated me and whirled on his/her back to try to nurse! When I set him/her upright, the bunny gave me a dirty look and whirled into nursing position and started rooting on my fingers. I returned him/her to the box and told Lenka her kits might be ready for a meal... I have never had a kit do that before.

Nothing like round, plump Holland Lop babies to brighten a rainy day...

Denise

Aww sorry about your loss and that is too cute. I am nursing my eight month old so I guess my kits smell my milk and are always suckling at my chest when I pick them up lol.

Latest posts

Back