Lenin has to go the vets :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billie007

Billie007
Reaction score
I'm really scared, Lenin's behaviour and eating changed yesterday.
Behaviour wise, he wasn't as playful as he normally is, he wouldn't come over for kisses and cuddles nor wa he playing with his favourite toy,
Eating wise, he was eating absolutely nothing, thankfully tonight he's been munching on hay but still...
as the concerned parents we are my partner phoned the vets who said we should bring him ASAP.

I'm happy the vets said he's a really cared for rabbit but I put so much time, affection and effort into my Lenin and now I think I've just gone wrong.

Last edited:
That's good that he was eating his hay. Did the vets find out what was wrong with him?

They had a look at him, and listen me describe the symptoms. They think it's an intestine issue. I'll find out more on Monday when he goes for his full check up.

Thankfully they understand I'm a student, so they've offered top notch care at a reasonable price.

They've been very useful, I've made notes on some stuff there. Stasis was mentioned by the vets, so thank you very much.
I hope this doesn't mean I'm a bad bunny owner though.

No you're not. Digestive issues are a common problem for rabbits, but still a very serious one as stasis can be fatal to rabbits. These things just happen and we have to try and figure out if there is anything we need to be doing differently for them to keep them healthy. I had a bun just last week that stopped eating but within a few hours was starting to eat again. I was able to sort out what caused it, and hopefully it won't happen again. So these things just happen.

Do you have any idea what may have caused the stasis? Could it have to do with his diet, or is he molting right now? Did the vet happen to check his teeth to rule that out as a cause?

Jenny, I may be wrong but it sounds like Billie007 talked to the vet but hasn't actually had the appointment yet.

I agree though, be sure they have a look at his teeth. If their teeth are overgrown they can poke them in the cheeks or tongue and make eating painful.

Jenny, I may be wrong but it sounds like Billie007 talked to the vet but hasn't actually had the appointment yet.

I agree though, be sure they have a look at his teeth. If their teeth are overgrown they can poke them in the cheeks or tongue and make eating painful.

They had a look at him, and listen me describe the symptoms. They think it's an intestine issue. I'll find out more on Monday when he goes for his full check up.

Thankfully they understand I'm a student, so they've offered top notch care at a reasonable price.

It sounds like the bun has been to the vet but is going back on Mon.

Back