legs left?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundrakatiebean

Reaction score
I've been looking at some breeder sites and have seen someone describing a bunny as having 2 legs left or the like. Does this mean how many more times you can show or breed a rabbit? I wasn't sure and thought I would ask the bunny gurus here. :Dthanks guys!

HI, what I think they mean is they need two more legs to get the Grand ChampiOn status on that perticular bunny (please some one correct me if I am wrong) it takes three legs to get a grand champion and the wins must be BOV, BOSV, BOG, BOSG,BOB, BOSB OR BIS

My Emma only needs two more legs also so I am hoping by this weekends show she will only need one.

A leg is a win towards a grand championship certificate.

A rabbit is awarded a leg certificate if it wins a class with at least 5 rabbits entered and a minimum of 3 exhibitors showing.

Once a rabbit wins a minimum of 3 legs (at least one as a senior and under at least 2 different judges) the owner can apply for a grand champion certificate for the rabbit. The rabbit must also be ARBA registered.

Only 1 grand champion certificate is awarded per rabbit, but a rabbit can win an unlimited number of legs.

Pam

Celestial Wind wrote:
HI, what I think they mean is they need two more legs to get the Grand ChampiOn status on that perticular bunny (please some one correct me if I am wrong) it takes three legs to get a grand champion and the wins must be BOV, BOSV, BOG, BOSG,BOB, BOSB OR BIS

Legs can also be won in their individual class.

Pam

Pam (or somebody), how do you go about proving they got their legs? Do I need a paper or something for proof that the judge signs?

Would a rabbit show at a county fair count? Or does the show have to be sanctioned? (I know it is not an ARBA sanctioned show..)

Thanks!

As everybody told me county fairs don't count. That is what I heard,but I don't know the county fair will give out a leg. Only ARBA shows,but who knows. As all I know in my county fair we don't get let legs all we get is a ribbion and a trpohie if we get BOB or RBOB or possibly both RBOB/BOB.

a Leg is a litle certificate thingy, it has the rabbit's tatoo and breed and the judge who awarded it and how they won it, what class it was, and instructions for getting a GC certification.

They mail them to you with your show paperwork.

blackdutch wrote:
Pam (or somebody), how do you go about proving they got their legs? Do I need a paper or something for proof that the judge signs?

Would a rabbit show at a county fair count? Or does the show have to be sanctioned? (I know it is not an ARBA sanctioned show..)

Thanks!

The show secretary processes the show reports, fills out the legs certificates and mails them out to the exhibitors.

ARBA legs can only be earned at ARBA sanctioned shows.

Pam

hopntailrabbitry wrote:
As everybody told me county fairs don't count. That is what I heard,but I don't know the county fair will give out a leg.

ARBA does allow fairs to sanction shows - there are many in my area that are sanctioned.

Pam

Back