leg of grand champion

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It means that Bella was shown at an ARBA show and she won an award over other rabbits. The leg certificate should say if it's a Best Junior/Senior Doe, Best of Variety, Best of Breed or whatever... it should also tell you how many were in the class and what place she took.

3of those Certificates (plus her being Registered) allows her to qualify as a Grand Champion.

Generally, having a GC legshows that your rabbit is of a good quality regarding it's breed Standard, and was on her way to being a Grand Champion. Good for her!

This means a celebration of smilies...

[align=center]Well Done Bella
:bunnydance::highfive::pinkelepht::great::blueribbon::party::groupparty::woohoo:bunny18:toastingbuns

I'm done :baghead
[/align]

OK, She won Best Senior doe, took first place out of 2 does. Then she went on to compete against all the other's of the same color (Variety) in her breed, the Best Senior Buck and Best Junior doe, best Junior Buck, etc.

And she won over them. (Good for you!) So she was the Best of Variety (BOV) ....best out of all in that variety (color). To be awarded a GC leg, there has to be at least 5 rabbits owned by a minimum of 3 exhibitors.

What breed is she and what color? Are you going to continue showing her?

She is a Sandy Flemish Giant 16 Pounds I believe.
2804944621_6fda173d75.jpg

I don't know the first thing about showing. The ARBA convention is here in Ky in Oct. I think, correct me if I'm wrong. Do you have to be a breeder to be a member, or be able to show?

She looks lovely! Wow! She took BOV inSandy! Good for her!

No, you do not have to be a breeder to be a member or to show.

But know that if you show at Convention, the rabbit has to stay in the showroom for the entire duration of the show (4 days). You don't have to be there, but the rabbit does. You are resposible for feeding and watering your rabbit daily.

But you could also show her at local rabbit shows. (Is she spayed?)

We actually just bought her on the 15th of August at the Kentucky State fair, I don't believe she is, I read that you can't show altered rabbits, so I'm trying to decide if I want her to continue with the shows, or "retire" her, and make her a big squishy house bunny for good. I worry about the stress levels of the Rabbits while at shows. She had hands coming from everywhere trying to pet her, after we bought her, My two sons had a hard time petting their new bunny, for all the attention. I wouldn't leave her alone if at all possible.
I have another question if you don't mind, we bought Sho supplement select series (Manna Pro) from Tractor supply, it's says it supports overall body firmness, and condition, show quality coat condition, it has papaya and yucca extracts. have you ever seen or used this?

Yes, I've used manna pro. You can give it to her in limited amounts. A tablespoon a day mixed with her pellets. I stop giving it in the summer because of the heat, and resume as it cools off. But it's up to you. (I think it can make them shed more in the heat. Makes them "blow their coat".)

It can be fattening, so watch her condition. If she looks like she's geting "potty" (too much loose flab) cut her back.

She is molting like crazy, I brush her twice a day. They stay in the house, air conditioned bed room, so the heat really isn't an issue. I just try to watch what they get anyway, double check veggies, everything really. Thank you for all your help and incite, I really appreciate it.
Heather

The breeder we got her from tried to breed her, it didn't take. She's got healing tooth marks on her back. Not planning on breeding her. Danville is south of Lexington (Boyle County).

Heather

Latest posts

Back