Leaving a few peppercorns

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coco_puffs

Reaction score
I've had Coco for almost two months and he always uses his cage or this little basket thing we call his out-house (it's in another part of the house). He has never once had an accident anywhere in the house either with poop or pee.

Every morning I get Coco up and snuggle him on my bed with me. Well, today he left me about five little peppercorns on my sheet (that's what his poop looks like).

I thought they pooped all at once. Is it normal for him to eliminate just a few at a time?

Yes, it's normal and he might also be marking his territory. Mine sometimes produces A LOT while he's eating, and sometimes just a two or three at a time.

sometimes they leave a big pile (especially when they're eating), but other times it's just the occasional stray poop here and there.

just be glad he didn't pee on your bed, lol - some bunnies are *really* drawn to peeing on beds no matter how litter-trained they are!

Oh yes, some buns love to pee on soft things, bed and couches. But that many poops at once is normal.
Sometimes when they poop like that it makes me think of a cartoon where they poop so much they're like sitting on a poop pyramid. You guys know what I'm talking about? Or like if its a chicken and she lays so many eggs at once shes on an egg pyramid? hahah.

Sometimes Ellie will poop like 10 poops at once too and live me a nice little pile. :)

I'm so sorry I saw your responses but got side-tracked then forgot. I snuggled him again this morning and same thing but to his credit, I fell asleep and he spent two hours on my bed. He hasn't pooped anywhere else in the house so I'm beginning to think it is indeed a territory thing. He's not peeing, thank goodness! Thanks again!!

Yes, they will leave a little pile sometimes. When I check their litter tray, it may amazes me how many they can do at one time, yes, they do sometimes leave a little poop pyramid lol.

Latest posts

Back