leave alone for one full day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberelizabeth

Reaction score
Well w/ thanksgiving being tomorrow i will be traveling home.

i live up around my college which is about an hour away from my hometown. tomorrow i'm getting up early and heading home and staying the night, but then i'll be back friday by 12.

no one is going to at my house around college, and i can't really bring layla home for a day, i don't have any type of set up for her at my mom's house.

so basically i'm asking will she be ok?she lives in a nic condo (3 wide, 2 deep, 3 high) which i thought was a pretty decent size. i plan to feed her, her veggies tomorrow morning even though she usually gets them at night, and then feeding her a little extra pellets since i won't be back until around noonish on friday. oh yeah extra hay too! plusa full bottle of water.

anything else i should do? basically i feel bad not letting her be able to come out and run around, but since her cage is pretty large its not like she is going to be cooped up.

so will this be ok, or am i a horribe bunny mom and should i try and take her?

You have to leave them sometimes and there's nothing you can do about it. it sounds like she'll be fine. if you're really worried and can manage it, why not go back in the evening? if you have plans in the evening/morning then give her lots of love before you leave and when you get back and have a nice Thanksgiving. we leave the cats alone for a full day or more some times and they're fine; drive you crazy for love or will not talk to you but their fine. not the same as a bunny i know, but they're both animals! you sound like yu're a wonderful mommy:biggrin2:hope that makes you feel better!

Anna

Mine get left alone for a day or two as well. I am pretty careful to leave them with an extra water bottle in case something happens to one bottle, and all sorts of food. Mine are very good about rationing their food (e.g., they only seem to eat when hungry), so this helps.

I figure it is the best I can do sometimes, and my bunnies likely have a much better life than if they had remained at the shelter much longer.

I was gone for a weekend one time and worried about my bunner but I also had to have the dog let out so my sis came by and Bo was just fine. He had plenty of food and hay (I always leave a ton of hay if I'm going to be gone) and extra water.

Of course my sister thought it was really fun to feed him a ton of craisens! :XLOL!

She also wanted to get him out but didn't cause she knew I would freak! I worry about my babies.

Anyhow... my point is.... you can leave a whole day's worth of pellets (I split Bo's into 2 feedings) and if they run out they can eat hay. I also will leave a couple of hay cubes in their cages. I do all I can to make sure that if something comes up and I can't get home for a couple of days for some reason - they have extra food and water.

We can deal with dirty litterboxes and stuff, but not hungry bunners!

Its fine to leave them for a day, but make sure you fill up the water bottle and maybe before you leave let her out for some excercise.

-April and Bunbuns

just a quick update:

layla was fine, but her cage was ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED!!!!!!!! :shock:

hahaha, she basically shredded her whole phonebook...i guess she was letting me know she was ticked off! haha.
she also threw all her toys in her litter box and just made a mess of things :)

Hahaha!! Sounds like something my bunny would do too, although she did it more when she was younger.

Latest posts

Back