Leakage question...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
Is it possible for a bun to leak a little urine due to excitement? This morning, as I was about to set down a tiny amount of pellets for Zoe, she left three urine dribbles.

Part of me wants to worry about it. But when Zoe was still a babe, she used to flat-out squat/urinate on the floor over the excitement of getting her greens (back when she was fed greens).

Thank you,

Jenk

I would not worry about this at all unless it occurred all the time. and was not at feeding time but random times
I do think that you are right that it is her particular habit to get so excited that she looses control a little.
I have a dog that does this when she is over excited.

angieluv wrote:
I would not worry about this at all unless it occurred all the time. and was not at feeding time but random times.
I'm still having a hard time holding tight, since she did dribble urine (during no particular moment of excitement) a few weeks ago. But I'm not finding sludge in her litter box.

Plus, she's acting a bit more cranky than usual. But the confusing part is that I'm adding pellets and parsley back into her diet; I think that her body is undergoing an adjustment process and may not feel its absolute best. (Heck, for all I know, she may end up having problems--e.g., a bacterial imbalance--because of the slow dietary changes.)

I do think that you are right that it is her particular habit to get so excited that she looses control a little.
Oh, you've no idea how much I want to believe this idea. Still, my anxiety is strumming along quite a bit. I keep reminding myself that I've made many pointless vet visits in the past and am trying to base my decisions on observable data (e.g., food/water consumption,urine/fecal output and general demeanor).

A few dribbles isn't a big deal. I would worry about it if it were a whole lot, like a normal urination.

Latest posts

Back