lazy bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perez28

Reaction score
mr.chipotle has gotten lazy i open his cage door so he can come out but he seems to rather just sit in there and eat his hay i really dont understand i just dont feel like hes out enough and im scared this could effect his health if theres anyway u know of to play with him or encourage him to get excersize tht would b great

Is he normally like this ? Did you let him out before ? If not, give him time and he will come around. Playing with your bunny can be in many ways; petting him, talking to him, doing your activities around him so he will get curious and comes to explore you, giving him some toys. You can give him cardboard box, this is my girl's favourite toy. Some twigs for him to chew on is good too, apple twig is my choice 'cause it's easy for me to get one.
One thing that I can think of is that he's been lazy because of the weather ? Is it Summer there ? I really have no ideas how the weather is like in US.

In addition to Bunny parent's comments and questions, think about the time of day you are inviting him out. They are least active during mid-day, from around 10am-2pm. During hot weather months, their lazy phase seeems accentuated, and expands to about 9am-4pm, (at least here, for my bunnies). So try inviting him out in early morning, late afternoon, or evening, when he would normally want to be active.

Latest posts

Back