Laying down flopping around me - comfy/safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victoriamarina

Reaction score
When my little winston lays out and flops right over i think it's the sweetest thing with his little legs all stretched out in the back! He enjoy doing that in his bedroom and in his play pen.. The other day though i was watching some tv on my laptop with him near and he came right over and flopped and layed down right beside me :) I've never seen him do that while i was so close to him before.. When they do this sometimes hes on his side so he's very exposed i hope this means it's another step towards bonding and he feels safe/comfortable enough around me to do this :)

Usually it's a sign of trust. My rabbit also flops in defiance. After a nail clipping or grooming (he doesn't care for it. He will flop against whatever wall in our direct visual path. I read this is basically a way to say, "I am so much better without you stupid humans. Look at my defiant independence from you!"

:yeahthat:

Shaina is right! Sometimes it's a sign of, I'm MORE comfortable than you. They will sometimes do it when bonding with another rabbit to prove to them they are "cooler" than they are ;)

But I don't think that's happening here. I think it's a sign of relaxation and your bun is feeling comfortable enough to chill out around you. Congrats!!

Yay, that's a good sign he's getting comfy with you :)
Monty recently (a week ago) started licking my pants when I sit cross-legged next to her open crate door to pet her when I say good night, and even better, has twice laid right next to my legs while she was out loose in the kitchen :D :D :D I feel loved, finally!

That is so great :) He really does feel comfortable with you. My girls have not done it with me yet (though I have not spent much time bonding with them).

Back