Late Introduction!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all! I joined this server a few days ago in search of help with three very young rabbit kits that all unfortunately passed. I have owned two adult rabbits for close to a year and they are really some of the quirkiest, funniest, and most adorable creatures! Their names are Simon and Phoebe and yes, they’re spayed and neutered.
As a child, I wanted rabbits more than anything in the world, but it wasn’t in the cards. I never intended to own rabbits in my adulthood as I owned and ran a guinea pig sanctuary. I have since adopted out all of those little guys and sworn off of them - I love them, but they’re so messy and so much work! The idea of owning a rabbit first sparked when I went to a local feed store and they had a lovely and sweet giant white rabbit that they found wandering the alleyways nearby. I adored him and his large ears! He went to the local rabbit rescue for a health check and whatnot but sadly passed away during his neutering - so to the local shelter I went!
I fell in love with a doe named Sabrina. She was a spitfire, to say the absolute least. I adopted Simon next. They were best friends, but Sabrina passed only about a month later after a severely abscessed tooth. It took Simon and I a few months to finally come around, but we bonded a lot in that time. I went to a different shelter then in search of his new buddy and in the rabbit room, there was a hutch that had the name ‘Sabrina’ painted on it. Inside of the hutch was a gorgeous black bunny, just stretched out and chilling. It felt like it was meant to be. Her name came to be Phoebe. She and Simon adore each other and they spend endless hours grooming each other, snacking on veggies, and napping on their pillow.
Recently, I came into owning three very very young rabbits. An old friend who had adopted some guinea pigs from us had called us about the kits - I didn’t get the whole story, but I knew that I had to help. The little ones were only a few weeks old and, needless to say, absolutely precious. Despite my best efforts, all three passed away. I’ve been hooked on the idea of more buns since then, though. I’ll be heading to two of the local shelters this weekend and I’ll hopefully be bringing some new little lovelies home. Pictures of all my buns, past and present, below!

B22F32D8-2D06-48FA-93C0-C3267133D0DB.jpeg
My darling Sabrina, curious as ever!

F30CF355-C5AD-46E6-9671-C2643D36092D.jpeg
One of the three kits, whose name was Paisley.

5F79AD49-7BF1-45BB-8E8B-10690B95E520.jpeg A0D74687-FA22-49E6-9387-A1714DFCFFA2.jpeg 14C3F31E-A8E4-44A4-854F-C41779378C1F.jpeg
Simon and Phoebe being their goofy selves - ignore the messy cage, it gets cleaned up daily. And yes, Simon was in a trash bin. No, I don’t know why.. I’ve learned not to ask many questions.

120193E1-DAAC-4C5B-A8A0-4EBD98EFDA9E.jpeg
The only other kit I have photos of with one of our dogs. This dog adores anything little and she would spend hours cuddling and loving the little ones. The bun was named Maxine.

Thank you! I ended up with three new buns, not just two... oops! The short haired grey is Jasper, a neutered male. The other two are girls that will be spayed in the next few weeks. They don’t have names just yet, but Eleanor, Charlotte, Scarlett, and Mabel are some possibilities! I bonded them a bit too soon, entirely unintentionally. The girls were bonded but Jasper was alone. They ended up together and they cannot be separated now, though!

378C6CB8-5CF3-4555-98EC-12094C6E7E5D.jpeg 9E52598F-9D18-4A85-84B4-3BCD77EA3EBB.jpeg 130AB5B8-7563-4023-94A7-F44D52DC3D7F.jpeg 96F72499-7FC1-4625-BA81-8078C2866993.jpeg 5764D1E5-F5E4-4F01-9FEB-B0E8108A1B49.jpeg 96F36E49-E24A-498E-BBA3-D244088BAD54.jpeg

That's a funny trio you've got there! I have seen a lot of people having bonding problems, but it seems that your buns effectively were destined to meet! It must be so fun to see them interact every day.

Too bad the babies passed away. When I rescued my Chopper in February, it was my first rescue, but I went to the vet before getting back home with him. Just to be sure no 'untold story' would endanger my Mel's life. Please be careful, you have 3 adorable bunnies that look perfectly healthy, and that's more than a lot of people can dream about.

Back