Large Bunny Poo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just posted that info because I wanted to make sure we looked at the issue seriously, and didn't just dismiss it as a dietary thing if there was something else involved. I wanted the OP to read that article and look for any of the other signs, just in case she's actually sick and we missed it. ;)

tonyshuman wrote:
I just posted that info because I wanted to make sure we looked at the issue seriously, and didn't just dismiss it as a dietary thing if there was something else involved. I wanted the OP to read that article and look for any of the other signs, just in case she's actually sick and we missed it. ;)

Oh, sorry, there is another 'diarrhea' Infirmary thread, I thought you meant to post it there.

And yeah, after looking at the Megacolon links, it seemed a lot more serious than I gave it credit for. As noted, it's not just 'large poops'.

But also note that in the article we both linked (DUH! Sorry I didn't see that you had linked that one already!) says that equally if not more serious (and more common) than coccidiosis is enterotoxemia, also called 'carbohydrate overload of the hindgut', which I believe is the 'gut imbalance' often discussed on this forum, so "just diet related" can't be dismissed as not really sick. It can be deadly.

Seriously... I really would like a description of the smell of coccidiosis vs. the smell of cecals.

But just not in this thread. ;)

I'm also curious re: the composition of the large 'megacolon' poops, like in this case.

This is an interesting discussion. We should carry it on elsewhere.

Sorry to BooBoo for going off topic.

sas :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back