Large an messy cecetropes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit Hero

Reaction score
I've had Riza for about 4 months. She's roughly 2 years old.

About 5 pounds.

I feed her 1/4 cup of pellets every day, and about a cup of veg. and all the hay she wants.

She has been drinking and eating normally and she's been quite active.

I came home from work to find large and messy cecetropes around her cage. I checked her bum and while she does have some poop stuck to her, I don't see any worms or anything. What could this be?

I'm a little worried about giving her a but bath, I'm all alone and have no one around who can give me a hand and she's still quite skittish of me. How can I go about this to scare her the least? Is a little bit of Palm Olive okay?

Lindsay

angieluv, I see they advise Baby Cornstarch Powder in that link. This could sound silly, but is that different from the cornstarch my mum buys and uses in cooking, and can I use it as an alternative?

you can use the kind that your mom buys for cooking ..actuallyI had trouble finding the kind for babies (without talc) soI have used just ordinary cornstarch for cooking

This is great, I was just trying to figure out how I'm going to clean Harleys bum completely.

I can never get ALL of it off when I try too, I'm going to have to try the cornstarch and if that doesn't work looks like I'm going to have to get some shampoo. Also, I'm glad I can use regular cornstarch since I already have it at home.

The cornstarch bath really doesn't work 100% with a really messy butt but it is something that you can try initally before a wet bath.

some buns can tolerate a wet soapy butt bath better than others ; it is difficult to do if you don't have a lot of experience handling an anxiousrabbit

Latest posts

Back